Say Good Bye to Plastics.Save Mother Earth for our future generations. Every Days tip

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by srisha07, Mar 9, 2012.

1. srisha07

srisha07 Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Lets have a Marching March. These Days we see plastics everywhere. In the morning we get up and and our brushes are made of plactics... to the end off the day when we finish shopping and come we have lots lots of plastic bags. This is bad. As we all know these are non-biodegradable and they are getting dumped up.:bonk
    and the earth is drowning in it .:drowning

Come lets join hands and bid the plastics (atleast the non-biodegradable) a good bye.

Do add on the tip and what can be followed on day to day life.

- I take the clothes bag when i go for shopping. Make sure there is a bag always in the car.

- I do not accept the small plastics bag which the vendor give me.

- For my DH's busniess, we have made arragement with a manufacture who can give us jute bags which we can give to our customer.

- Check the plastic type before buying them .Buying biodegradable plastic is OK.

- I have the clothe napkins in office which i use instead of the tissue papers :).
    Replace the napkin every 3 days.

- Our team as a oath uses Mugs(either cermic or silver) instead of the paper cups for T.Save tress to save the earth .:thumbsup

Love our earth
    Srisha

6 people like this.

2. rajisarvan

rajisarvan Senior IL'ite

Re: Say Good Bye to Plastics.Save Mother Earth for our future generations. Every Days

Subscribe to E letters for credit card statement / mobile bill, instead sf sending to our postal address.
    Do not print any payment made receipt through online. Always save it and print only when needed.

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

Re: Say Good Bye to Plastics.Save Mother Earth for our future generations. Every Days

hi,

wonderful tips. thanx for sharing it with us.

4. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Dear Srisha,

Paper tea cups have wax coated on them, when you pour hot tea / coffee / water, the wax tends to melt. Better not to use them.

The idea of using cloth napkins is so good. I too carry cloth bag for shopping always, do use mop sticks which are made of wood instead of plastic. My father had made a wooden trolley for putting the empty gas cylinder. I use metal water bottles instead of plastic ones. They dont stink like plastics and it is squeaky clean too! I also use wooden clips to hold clothes in place. Try using shell / wooden hair clips / clutches even for hair.

I have cloth bags made out of cottons for preserving silk sarees / expensive salwars! Offlate i have started using jute bags to office too, trendy and cheap in variety of colors and you have a matching set always! :)

We cannot avoid plastic drums / containers / buckets, but atleast ensure that it is bio-degradable.

1 person likes this.
  5. sridevipc

sridevipc Silver IL'ite

hi,
    Even i wont accept plastic bags wich they giv in shops, i will either carry my own cloth bags or i will take the things and put it in my car or scooty with out bags

and when my DH planned for new buisness for plastic bag vending mechine i told him to go for cloth bag vending mechine wich is chepear than jute and replaces plastic

6. meensatwork

meensatwork Bronze IL'ite

Wooden clips for drying clothes is a new idea...Thanks

1 person likes this.
  7. meja

meja Gold IL'ite

Some of my monthly bills are subscribed through e-bills, I get bills through email and I pay them online. It's my another way of saving paper. And fuel too- no need of going out and pay the bill.
    And another way of how I recycle some plastic bags at home like the milk plastic bag is I recycle them, I make a strips out of it (Plarn they call) and crochet them to make storage.

8. Bhavani22

Bhavani22 Gold IL'ite

Hey all,
    Good tips ladies! I implement few ideas in my daily routine as said by srisha. Disposing plastics safely is also one point that has to be taken into account.I'll never litter and even if it is miles i'll carry the garbage to the bin.
    Brb_va-amazing efforts!

1 person likes this.