1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sandalwood gossips

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anurar20, Dec 3, 2011.

1. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Actress and the wife of Real Star Upendra, Priyanka Upendra, who made her comeback with Shrimathi, is flying to Bollywood! The H20 star has signed forthcoming Hindi movie Enemmy, which is produced by Mithun Chakraborty.

The actress has confirmed that it happened all of a sudden, when her husband Upendra met Mithun Chakraborty by chance in Hyderabad. Priyanka Trivedi claims that she knew the Bollywood since her childhood days. But she lost touch with him a few years ago.

However, Uppi, during his meet with Mithunda, told him about Priyanka Chopra. Later, the Bollywood actor called her and immediately offered her a role. The actress will be seen playing the role of Sunil Shetty's wife. The 34-year-old is confident, as she has a good command over Hindi and her earlier experience in the Bollywood is an added advantage.

Priyanka Upendra has done many Bollywood films like Bada Din, Sautela, Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachaao, etc.

Bollywood movie Enemmy also features Mahaakshay Chakraborty, Johny Lever and others. It is directed by Ashu Trikha

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Popular Tamil comedian Vivek, who has acted in over 500 films in different languages, is finally making his debut in Kannada films. The actor will be seen in the forthcoming movie Mareecha, which stars Madhurima and Mithun Tejaswi.

The actor has confirmed the news and has assured that he will be dubbing his own voice in Mareecha, which will also be dubbed in Tamil. Vivek further claims that it is his friendship with Mithun Tejaswi that made him to give his nod to act in the upcoming movie.

Vivek is “not costly but friendly” said the Tamil actor. He further adds that he was supposed to act before in the Sandalwood before but for some reasons, the actor could not act.

Mareecha is directed by Siva Suryan and it was launched recently

1 person likes this.
  3. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Oscar Award winner Vijay Prakash, who shot to fame with 'Jai ho...' song in Hollywood-Bollywood movie Slumdog Millionaire, is all set to start his career as a music director. The sensational singer has chosen a Kannada movie to make his debut by composing tunes for Shivaraj Kumar's Andar Bahar.

Sources have confirmed that Vijay Prakash has agreed to score the music for the forthcoming Kannada movie. The singer, who has been getting offers for music direction from various film industries, has been waiting for a Sandalwood movie to make his debut, add sources.

The music compositional works have recently begun at Prasad Recording Studios. Vijay Prakash himself is singing the first song of Andar Bahar, which will start its regular shooting in January 2012.

Andar Bahar stars Shivaraj Kumar and Parvathi Menon in the lead roles. The Kannada movie is directed by Phaneesh and being produced by Legend International Group

1 person likes this.
  4. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Deva, who has left his mark with his choreography and direction in Bollywood, Tamil and Telugu, seems to be ready to do the same in the Sandalwood. The multifaceted actor is all set direct a Kannada film, which stars Puneet Rajkumar in the lead role.

Grapevine is abuzz with the speculations that recently Prabhu Deva had a formal talk with Puneet Rajkumar regarding the project. The Powerstar has reportedly given a green signal to the upcoming Kannada movie and it is expected to take off in January 2012. However, the director is yet to choose the technicians and other cast of the movie.

Prabhu Deva made his directorial debut in the year 2005 with Telugu blockbuster movie Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana. Till date, he has directed nine movies - like Pokkiri in Tamil, Shankardada Zindabad in Telugu and Wanted in Hindi - in different languages. Currently, he is busy filming Hindi movie Rowdy Rathore, which stars Akshay Kumar.

On the other end, Puneet Rajkumar is busy with Suri's Anna Bond

5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

After getting entrapped in legal issues for all his personal matters, Kannada actor Darshan has now turned up strong and fell hard on the media as never before after he has been alleged of slapping his fan.

Denying the incident confidently, Darshan said, “My fans are very special to me. Even in my darkest hour, they stood by me and ensured that my film became a big hit. Why would I then raise my hand on one of them? A certain section of the media is out to tarnish my image.”

Darshan had once again hit the headlines after it has been alleged that he slapped a fan in Mysore and this has shocked the Sandalwood again. However, he has refused the reports. Reacting hard to this, Darshan said, “The media is acting on false information. If there’s videographic proof to the fact that I did indeed hit a fan, I will quit the industry immediately.”

People, who witnessed the incident, has denied that Darshan slapped his fan in public. Darshan earlier was charged for assaulting his wife that pushed him behind the bars

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anurar,
    Thanks for opening this thread!!! We missed info in this section :)
    Have few questions, will ask that later.

7. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Omg anurar, I don't know more than half of the people you have mentioned. But, thanks for the info.
    Today, I read Vishnuvardhan's memorial will be built in Mysore. His wife bharathi's request was to have it in Mysore and the CM has approved it.

1 person likes this.
  8. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Hi ars,

nice to hear that. thanks for your contribution and fb. was little upset without fb

thanks again

regards,
    anu

9. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Oh u r welcome puni mam.......

wat questions mam please ask

regards,
    anu

1 person likes this.
  10. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Film: PAGAL
    Rating: 1.5/5
    Banner: Sathya Cinema
    Cast: Sathya, Pooja Gandhi, Indrajith Lankesh, Thulasi Shivamani, Harish Rai and others
    Music: V Manohar
    Cinematographer: Speed Babu
    Director: P N Sathya
    Producer: Muralidhar K
    Release date: December 03, 2011

Story:
    A weird tale, the story begins with Thotti (sathya) who grows as an orphan and has a crazy streak of mind. He has three jobless friends and they make a living by doing small time thefts and drinking with the money. Thotti's life takes a turn when he is haunted by the voice of a song and he goes in search of the person. She is none other than Pooja (pooja gandhi) and finally he locates her along with his mother. Through some hard efforts, Thotti manages to give Pooja the break and she goes on to become a big star singer. However, in this process, Thotti gets ignored. He decides to take revenge on her and what happens after that forms the rest of the story.

Presentation:
    The director has come up with an impractical storyline and while the presentation was alright, the narrative was boring. The script was average and the screenplay was regular. Background score was strong but songs were not impressive. Cinematography was not upto the mark. Editing was required, especially during the second half. Costumes were natural and trendy while the art department was apt. It is better Sathya returns to direction instead of acting, he has a long way to go if he has to prove his mettle. Pooja Gandhi looks sexy as usual and does her bit as required. Indrajith Lankesh was good. Thulasi Shivamani made her presence felt. Harish Rai was effective. The others didn't have much scope.

Conclusion:
    This is a film which has been made for the hardcore front benchers. As such, there is no reasoning or a feel that can connect the audience to the film. While the first half goes about with some lighter elements, the second half gets too intense and eccentric. The technical values of the film brought some relief to the audience but the content and execution was terrible. Overall, this might work with the first two rows of the theatres but a dud looks imminent at the box office