1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

San Mateo or Foster City

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by rsk12, Jan 27, 2012.

1. rsk12

rsk12 New IL'ite

Hello

My family & I are moving to bay area March 1st. I am looking for a nice apartment either in San Mateo or Foster City. I would really appreciate if any of you could suggest some nice apartment buildings that I can get in touch with. I will not be able to view the apartment before we move in March 1st as we are moving from NY. So I am kind of going to depend on the feedback you all give to pick an apartment. If there are any vacancies in any of the apartment you live in that would be great as well. These are my requirements. Pls help.

My Requirements :*
    - Rent : max $2500
    - 2 bed and 2 bath a must
    - Safe neighborhood
    - Walking distance to groceries and stuff.
    - walking distance to public transit is nice to have.
    - waterfront - nice to have

Thanks
    rsk

2. rsk12

rsk12 New IL'ite

I think I am gonna find a place in foster city. I am Looking at sand cove, beach cove or marlin cove. I will appreciate if any of you living in any of these apartments would give your feedback abt these buildings. Ae they safe, clean and conveniently located. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Rsk

3. klr86

klr86 New IL'ite

Hi Rsk,

I lived at beachcove moved just about 6months ago, as we got ourselves a puppy and beachcove is not pet friendly. A very good apartment, good staff,there are apartments facing the lagoon which are beautiful, we wanted washer and dryer so did not have the privilege to live in one of them. Foster city is a very crime free place so no problem with the neighborhood. A very family oriented neighborhood. Marlin cove is just to beachcove although expensive the landscaping is not that impressive but they do have an indoor pool (if you swim). Sandcove is owned by the same property holders as beachcove they are kind of the same except in sandcove pets under 50lbs are allowed. Other good aparments I would suggest would be Lantern cove, Schooners bay. For two bedrooms sometimes there are condo's for rent, you can check craigslist and they offer some good deals too.

Although late, Hope this helps!,

Regards,

Krithika

4. klr86

klr86 New IL'ite

HI,

Forgot to add there is a India Cash and carry available at Shell Blvd (walking distance from beachcove, sandcove and marlin). There is a bus stop at Shell but I think only one bus route comes and goes. The public transport in the bay is really difficult because there are not much buses. Let me know if you guys need to ask anything. I live at San Mateo now.

Regards,

Krithika

5. vshankar90

vshankar90 New IL'ite

Hi Krithika

Where are you in san mateo ? I am planning to move with my family to San bruno/San Mateo area and would love to have a good indian family nearby

Please do share your Apt info ?

thanks
    vs

6. AnnieB

AnnieB New IL'ite

Hi folks, I am new to Indusladies forum and I would really appreciate if anybody could provide information on housing options around the bay area suburbs. My husband and I are planning to move to the Bay area in the coming week. My husband's office will be in Foster city.

About where we want to live and what we are looking for:

1. A 2 bedroom apartment (with 2 baths) in a safe locality (looking for something within $3000)
    2. Would prefer a new apartment/condo with parking space included
    3. Should be in reasonable proximity to public transportation such BART or Caltrain
    4. Indian Community will be a nice-to-have
    5. Easy access to restaurants, shopping complex, etc.

If you have any other neighbourhood suggestions closer to Foster City but under $3000, please call out.

Also, please suggest me some apartment communities that are nice to stay at.

Thanks.