Sai baba - A battle between intelligence and faith! Faith won.

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by waitingforu, Feb 7, 2013.

1. waitingforu

waitingforu Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I just wanted to share something that I felt and found relevance with two things that happened in different parts of the world. I must confess that I haven't been worshipping sai baba for a long time and I was ignorant about him until recently since I started reading about saibaba and sai satcharithiram. My common sense had difficulties in accepting or coming to terms with some of the leelais that people have mentioned to me.

I am observing the 9 weeks viradham and today is my 7th week and also 7th day of the month by chance and I was happy about it this morning but that only lasted few minutes as I started to work found out that my bi-cycle was stolen. Either my mom or sister visits any of the saibaba temple for me on Thursday and make donations towards annadhaanam, today my mom went to mylapore and said that she could not go near the idol as it was more crowded and they had to go elsewhere having waiting for some time. Both these incidents disappointed me and I was upset that my mom could not make the donation today and she said she will add and donate next week. I came to work and during my lunch time I was reading saisathcharithra chapter 9 which stated this

"Baba Fed Sumptuously - How?
    Once Mrs. Tarkhad was staying in a certain house in Shirdi. At noon, when meals
    were ready and dishes were being served, a hungry dog turned up and began to whimper.
    Mrs. Tarkhad got up at once and threw it a piece of bread which the dog gulped with great
    relish. In the afternoon when she went to the masjid and was sitting at some distance, Sai
    Baba called out to her, “Mother, you have fed me sumptuously up to my throat. My
    afflicted pranas (life forces) have been satisfied. Always act like this, and this will stand
    you in good stead. Sitting in this masjid, I shall never, never speak untruth. Take pity on
    Me like this. First give bread to the hungry, and then eat yourself. Note this well.”
    At first, Mrs. Tarkhad could not understand the meaning of what Baba said, so she
    replied, “Baba, how could I feed You? I am dependent on others and must take my food
    from them on payment.” Then Baba replied, “Eating that lovely bread, I am heartily
    contented and I am still belching. The dog which you saw before the meal and to whom
    you gave the piece of bread is one with Me. So too, all other creatures (cats, pigs, fleas,
    cows etc.) are one with Me. I am roaming in their forms. He who sees Me in all these
    creatures is My beloved. So abandon the sense of duality and distinction and serve Me
    as you did today.” Hearing these nectar like words, she was so move"

Our dog ran away from our home 4 months ago, today when my dad back home went out for shopping noticed a dog that was similar to ours but was in a terrible shape(You know what happens when an old pet dog becomes stray). Our dog had hearing impairment due to ageing when it left us hence the dog was slow in responding and not assertive to my dad's call and my dad wasn't sure if it was our dog. Out of anxiety my dad rushed to home to take my mom with him to identify the dog but the dog wasn't in the place where he spotted initially. He had to search for the dog in the surrounding area but to their disappointment it wasn't our dog. My dad carried biscuits to feed the dog and he fed the dog with biscuits and later more dogs were fed. This happened 3 hours after I read the chapter...This act of my dad was very unusual of my his, not to be mistaken he loves my dog but I would not have expected my dad do go search for a stray dog and feed...he would have ruled out that it can't be our dog.

My brain would say it's just a coincidence but my increasing faith in sai baba says that not everything in this world have to be scrutinised and you need to have that blind faith over certain things. I must say I am happy and hope mine and all your prayers are answered!

Apologies if I offended anyone's belief with title or my past notion.

3 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Waitingforu sister

:welcome to IL family and Sai's fold,

Glad Baba has pulled you into his fold and make you experience his presence, Baba moves the apt time and situation to pull his children into his close quarters.

Thanks for sharing it on a thursday, You will be thrilled to read and closer to BABA our holy father when you find time to glance through in the following link:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...884-2013-yearlong-saisatcharitra-parayan.html

Your intention of doing annadhan is fulfilled by him in the feature of Dogs in whom He exists too, As long as you experience it youself sometimes you may feel it as a Story, keep getting closer and you would know your Holy father doing so much for his children, Similar experience of mine: please read and enjoy:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...people/192152-baba-s-blessings-ganesh-ji.html

May Baba fulfill you wishes and bless you in abundance... Best wishes...

2 people like this.
  3. waitingforu

waitingforu Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for your wishes as well as sharing the link to your experience...
    Infact this was one thing that astonished me when I visited mulls pore sai temple long ago that there were dogs next to the idol...something that was new to me as you won't find animals next to god especially dog...as a dog lover myself, I was pleased to see

4. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

Dear Waitingforu,
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful leela of Baba.
    Nice to read it and our faith in Baba becomes stronger.
    Om Sri Sai Ram

1 person likes this.
  5. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing
    Always-omsairam!

1 person likes this.