Safe Hair removal methods during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Amicable, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Malathi1

Malathi1 New IL'ite

To all young pregnant expectant mothers also expecting parents from India to come to help you in a foreign land:
    Do not feel too anxious. There are good, sensible, warm, caring and loving people everywhere. Wherever necessary, prepare to adapt to local ways a bit as well. Also, your parents also anticipate things not to be like in India. Their focus is going to be you and the baby and caring for you two they will be home most of the time and will have each other-tell them to bring along lots of Indian movie DVDs and buy a DVD player and place in their room. Keep an extra space heater and several pairs of warm soft socks with no slip bottoms and caps handy to give them to brace against drafts.
    Good Luck.
    Malathi

2. AnshuSinha

AnshuSinha Senior IL'ite

Best way for hair removal during pregnancy

Ladies,

I have read at many places that waxing is safe during pregnancy but can be painful....I was just wondering whats the way most of you are using for hair removal:

Waxing /Shaving/Hair removal creams?

Are these hair removal creams fine to use now?

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: Best way for hair removal during pregnancy

Hi Anusinha,

I m not sure why this question arises in most of our IL's. But I dont think hair removal will harm the baby in your womb. As long as you take proper care and huygene, there will not be any harm in Waxing or hair removal cream.
    I personally dont have any drastic experience in using them while my pregnancy.
    You can safely go for it!!!!!!

4. Harini28

Harini28 Senior IL'ite

The same question has been in my mind for so long and also how we manage ouselves to reach that place with a bulging belly in between.
    But i shave the area instead of using creams..And god!!! waxing!! it is out of question since i dont even go for hand or leg waxing.bonk. To me its very painful..:hide:
    i think shaving is the best option for its easy, saves time and painless...
    Hope other IL's here give some valuable tips

5. AnshuSinha

AnshuSinha Senior IL'ite

Thank you Priya_Mommy and Harini for the inputs....

6. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Is Waxing safe during pregnancy

Hi friends

I am 15 weeks pregnant. I am planning to go for a leg and arm waxing.Please can anyone tell me is it safe during pregnancy. Please let me know as i am confused whether to go for waxing or not.

7. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Re: Is Waxing safe during pregnancy

Hi Shruti
    you can safely wax during pregnancy. only take care to stand while you get your legs waxed.
    Hansika

8. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

You can wax / shave safely - some ladies who shave legs and private areas and later on cannot reach go to salon to get waxing done in later months..

I have heard of ladies using veet/nair hair removal creams.. but I dont know how safe it is.. so I wont comment..

DONT use Jolen / other bleach - my doctor told me BIG no no..

I shave legs, private area and underarms & wax arms.. Till now I can manage on my own.. for later I have asked DH to help me shave legs and private area :rotfl-- he was more than happy to accept the offer..

for private area maintenance question - my theory on it is .. if you keep yourself maintained over there for your husband then do a clean-up for the doctor too.. if you dont bother cleaning there for husband then dont bother for doctor.. :thumbsup

9. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

eshave.com is a good site about this subject.