1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sad about my husbands bithday plans

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sumalb, Jan 21, 2013.

1. sumalb

sumalb Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a problem with my husbands birthday falling on sankranthi, Jan 14th.
    He wishes to go to his place for festival and ends up cutting cake there w/o me which make me sad. His mother is not in good terms with me as she always compares me with her DD, and never calls me to her place, and I dont like her too. she has not even come to see her grandson who is 6 months old now.
    This year my big plan of his birthday celebration went wasted as I had to serve sudden uninvited guests, who were obviously his relatives.
    I am sad now, either I will not plan for his birthday or I will ask him to celebrate it in advance.
    Any suggestions on what should I do.
    Thanks,
    Suma

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Jan 14th or feb 14th???Find out his star birthday and celebrate..Infact star birthday will have more significance;-)Dont be sad...:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. sumalb

sumalb Senior IL'ite

4. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Sorry Suma, if it is on 14th Jan you are asking on Jan 22??? As Iamsrihere said, celebrate his star birthday.

5. sumalb

sumalb Senior IL'ite

yeah I was disappointed last year that I planned for his birthday and he end up celebrating it with his family finally and I was not there... when I pointed out this to his mother..she replied crudely, you din't come..and you know what I was never asked to come..( Now I think I could have asked him to stay with me that day..I never expected that when I would call him he would say I am cutting cake, my sister ordered :( ). I was excited as it was his first birthday with me after marriage. So this yeat I planned alot and baked cake at home. We ended up serving his relatives on that day. I fought with him, we could avoided guests that day, and I was disappointed again.
    Hmm.. will look for his star birthday :).. donno when it is.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Why do you need to feel sad. so what if his birthday is over, you can actually celebrate a belated one on one of the weekends.. where there is a will you will find a way..

now don't feel sad, and start resenting your guests. (what if they were yours...?? i wonder.. )but that is not the issue..

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Why feel so sad about a birthday party? Since we all are busy with too much of works at office, travelling, programmes and all, we end up having the party on the next possible free day, obviously the next weekend. Call your relatives, friends and colleagues.... Arrange a take away lunch or dinner out with all of them (in a restaurant). Bake a cake, or buy one and let him cut it. Take some pics for memories and post them on FB (if you want to make it public).

What special on the day or time we were born, what special is how we want it to be celebrated. Our ultimate target should me sweet memories and happiness, right?

8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Now that a minor vent is over, IL'ites, lets get back to business(in other threads).