1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sabita’s thread my Big, Fat, Chunky tale inspired me to write about me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 28, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

After reading Sabita’s post on her big , fat , chunky tale I felt like writing about me. I am not going to write about being fat as I was always thin from childhood. I am not a good writer like Sabita but still trying to write about how I had been thin and what comments people used to pass. If you are fat also people will pass comments and if you are thin also people will pass comments saying how skinny she is.
    I don’t know why I had always been thin. Might be because my parents were thin. Must be hereditary I think. I don’t know whether being thin and fast is due to our happiness , wealth or because of eating. At the age of 22 yrs I had put on little weight but that was just ok. People used to say that I am very thin and if they just blow I will fall down. After marriage also I did not put on weight. One colleague in my office had commented that I will never conceive as I am very thin. She did not know then I am going to deliver not one but 3 babies that two in the period of three and half years. When I conceived she was not working with us . So later after I had 3 children I told her close friend to tell her that getting children does not depend on whether you are thin or fat. If you are destined to get you will get somehow or other.
    After retirement I had put on weight when people were telling me that I am looking better now and even my husband used to say you have become fat. You have to reduce when I had not put on much weight. That was due to the fact that I was sitting at home , having good breakfast, good lunch and not much activities. So might be for two or three years I must have been a little fat. Again when my granddaughter came last year I lost weight as I used to run behind her and we used to go out with her, had to look after her when my daughter had gonet o Dubai for a week. Everyday I used to climb to 2<SUP>nd</SUP> floor when I had to go to my younger daughter’s house. You know with children so many things will be there. So everyone who see me now tell me that I have reduced now. Don’t know again when I will put on weight.
    Some people are always fat even when they are worried they are fat only whereas if I am worried I become thin. I don’t think fatness depends on eating because I also eat well. It must be each one’s tendency to put on weight or be thin.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma

I envy u because of your physique. I am a hefty person, i receive comments where ever i go.

But now i am consoling me that thin people also receive comments. nice thought.

andal

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

I envy you so much. I always wanted to be a person who could eat as much as she wants but still not gain. You are so lucky to be like that.

Being fat or thin also depends on metabolism and you my dear has been blessed with a good metabolism, so dear viji enjoy all the food guilt free.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Andal

Thanks for your first fb. People comment if you are very thin also.

love
    viji

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shiva

I was sure I will get fb from you for this post. I thought I will get the first fb. Its easy to be thin but difficult to reduce after being fat. But hats off to you that you could lose weight and now reading your posts on weight loss everyone is trying to reduce. Hope I have written the right thing.

love
    viji

6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, it is always the opposite that attracts us...
    You know how I look......and I always want to become thin but am not able to ...maybe it is in the genes...
    As long as we are hale and healthy it does not matter being thin or fat.....

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Iyerviji,

The title was so similar to that of Sabitha, I posted my reply here thinking it was Sabitha's thread!! Ha ha, I realized my folly soon enough though!:rotfl

You are really enviable. Today, being thin is in! To be able to eat everything and be naturally slim is a boon indeed.

Like Sudha said, fat or thin, one must be fit and healthy and let's pray that God gives us the health to lead a happy life ahead.

L, Kamla

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

You are right as long as we are healthy it does not matter being thin or fat. I agree with you and I dont think you are very fat. My husband's niece is very fat and she does not want to reduce also

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla

You came here that is more than enough for me. You are frank also. Glad to see you here . Ya I am lucky that I can eat anything but dont put on much weight.

love
    viji

10. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Same pinch! I too face the same problem. Yesterday I went to attend a marriage with him( this is the first time we both are attending a marriage together as my parents could not come to chennai)

Everybody's question was similar . Why am I so lean? Though I eat well I am not gaining weight. But i feel comfortable as i am not in the "underweight" category

Like that of your colleague's, I have also received comments, that it will be very difficult for you when you conceive.

I feel very very bad and it turns me down whenever I hear those comments.

But after seeing your post it gives me confidence mami:cheers

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010