1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Shoes For Plantar Fascitiis

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by rossie, Aug 15, 2016.

1. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Can anyone suggest a good running shoes ? I have plantar fasciitis and stopped running after that. I want to shed some pounds and want to start running. Any suggestions please.

Thanks

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have a sesamoid ligament injury in my foot. Got orthotic inserts made at my podiatrist's office. They fitted it to my running shoes. I feel almost no pain when I run in them. Did have to pay 50% cost. Insurance only covered half.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    rossie and Laks09 like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Try seeing a podiatrist. Mine first tries to help with taping and only if that doesn't work then he fits people with custom orthotics.
    I started using the KT tape during a runafter developing plantar fasciitis while recovering from a fracture. It helps with not being in pain but I have to constantly make sure I'm in the right footwear. Regular flat slippers make my foot hurt. Vans shoes hurts my foot. MK flats hurts my foot. TB boots hurts my foot - you catch the drift? It's hard to work with PF but with patience you can do it! See a podiatrist first!

rossie likes this.
  4. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

My foot hurts when i wear flat slippers too. I had an ultrasound therapy and it reduced the inflammation pain for some days. But then it appears every now and then. Interestingly my heels (not the pencil heels) doesn't cause me distress. I keep experimenting with my shoes too and finally have a collection which doesn't hurt me.
    But I am yet to try a good running shoes. I will see a podiatrist as suggested. Thanks @Gauri03 and @Laks09

Laks09 likes this.
  5. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Please try Orthaheel inserts for running shoes, or try Vionic shoes by orthaheel. PF is really pain full without a proper support. Orthaheel inserts have really helped me. As suggested by others please consult a Podiatrist.

Laks09 likes this.