1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

2.2KCals is not just for 10K steps, I doubt you would even comsume that many cals in a day.
    I guess it is for all the exercises+ your BMR (basal Metabolic rate) + activities which it estimates based on your profile setting ( weight, age, lifestyle)

kkrish likes this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes. I forgot about all these.
    Thanks @SunPa .

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Kamala!! How do you do this? For kicks yesterday i had some app on my phone and I barely have done 3,500 steps even if I add another 200 0r 300 to it...I did not carry my phone some of the time.

Nice work! Keep motivating us! My app is going away today though!!

kkrish and ashima10 like this.
  4. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

this is very very nice ! perfectly makes sense as well .
    my app just tell me what i have lost in terms of cal by walking / strairs and activity . I completely forgot that even with sedentary lifestyle some calories are lost .
    pretty much explains so much !
    very happy now.
    golgappesss here i come :)
    thanks !
    i like how i have group of buddies for such thoughts .
    I love you too random netizen :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    SunPa and kkrish like this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

it’s very easy to consume taht kuch calorie . just 2 innocent pieces of samosas are above 500 calories !

@Rihana : break up for you
    carbs :61.7 gms
    protein : 9.1 gms
    fibre :4.5 gems
    fat : 33.0 gms

enjoy :) hope i don’t get any wrath :)

it sends a shiver down my spine thinking that i will have to limit my potion to just what stomach needs and not taste wise entire my life .
    this is one of the biggest disappointment of adult life for me !

Laks09, kkrish and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Monday 2/12: 10K steps. First time ever since I started keeping track. Actually: 10497 steps. : )

Part of those came on the treadmill. Pushed myself to a level I hadn't jogged since 2012. An intense 25 min workout in the evening, then, saw that Fitbit had 8643 steps. I disagreed with the Fitbit a bit. Intense workout means had to hold on to treadmill bar when jogging at high speed. I am thinking if the arm is not moving, fitbit does not track well. Anyway, so was on treadmill for another 15-20 mins to got to 10K steps. Moved the left arm so vigorously front to back, stopping now and then to read the steps tally : )

Thanks to Srama for posting the writeup on 10k steps and thanks to kkrish for making it her daily goal and sharing here. I am so inspired. Inspired in an inside-out way, not the momentary burst of inspiration that goes away too soon.

This must be the first time I am ever exercising as a 'group.' (not counting the group exercise classes at the gym). Even in the few 5k, 10k trainings I have done, I end up by myself. This virtual group is working out beautifully for me. For the first time ever yesterday, I exercised in the evening due to a busy morning. The mind tried many excuses -- I even paused to use tweezer on eyebrows : ) to stall for time.

Ashima, about the samosa info - chinta nakko. not to worry. : ) Looks like this time my intent is pucca. Watching what I eat more closely is now coming more naturally. Why because - mid-year goal has changed from lose a 'few' pounds to 'get back to shape and wear a saree again'. : )

Gauri03, sravanitenali, SunPa and 3 others like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Srama
    Thanks ma.
    I sneak in steps.
    1. I park the car at the farthest end and walking to my desk adds 1000 steps one way.
    2. Every hour I get up and walk to the restroom at the farthest end of the building.
    -500 steps to and fro total.

3. Lunch break - I walk 10-15 minutes after lunch.
    At home
    1. I make up the rest of the steps by walking on the treadmill or just walking around the home.
    -If something is cooking that I need to keep a watch, I pace across the kitchen.
    - brushing teeth - pace the bathroom instead of standing in front of the mirror.
    - watching Tv - walk and watch.
    small things like that add up.
    - I save the last 1000 steps for post dinner walk. I just walk around once, come back to the kitchen and clean the dishes.
    then walk once again and put the dishes away...
    like that...

I have my fitbit since 2015. I too was at 3000+ steps. I slowly added 1000 every week or two. I am stuck at 10K for a long time though.
    Need to up it.

So where is your app going?

The one disadvantage I had with phone was, some of my work clothes do not have pockets. Carrying the phone to the restroom used to be a problem.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  8. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

:thumbup:, @Rihana , let's keep motivating each other!

@Srama that writeup was worth reading. Thanks for sharing. Would love to share my story later when I have a bit more time

@kkrish , kinda look forward to your "good morning from the east coast" :)

Usually I go for walks at night .On Monday, had a nagging headache after work, but thanks to this group I decided to go ahead for the walk. Good thing I did, it was windy and cool - managed to walk 5 km ( sounds better than 3 miles, thanks @ashima10 ) and guess what , the headache was much better.

Untitled1.png

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Laks09, Gauri03, kkrish and 1 other person like this.
  9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Innocent ??
    Naughty samosas, sensuous samosas , suggestive samosas - yes, but no such thing as innocent samosas !

Remember - A moment on your lips , a life time on your hips :tongue:

kaniths, Laks09 and kkrish like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala @kkrish,

Thank you for such detailed information on how you sneak in your steps, deliberately. One day perhaps for me :)

Thank you all for your appreciative words on the little 10k tidbit I shared :)

Laks09 and kkrish like this.