1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Srama! I'm going to be a lot more diligent about cross-training and stretching. Learned my lesson.

So turns out it is a grade I ligament sprain. No tears. She recommended restricting movement for two weeks, followed by a cautious return to running. I am very relieved. Didn't want to waste the beautiful summer sitting around with an injury.

kaniths, Srama, Laks09 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

good @Gauri03 these sprains are pests if i may say so unless you do the needful. rest and the physio diligently.

and stretches are so so important as are warm ups and cool downs..

my dutch physio always emphasises on stretching even after the pain is relieved because muscle memory is strong and they will spasm with simple movements sometimes..

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Srama thanks for the postures and let me see if i can add them.. i have a 6 page exercise and i do a modified version of what you prescribe. and when i can’t i diligently do the towel stretches for the hip- ankle stretch..

Srama likes this.
  4. reca

reca Silver IL'ite

Hello ILs,
    Day 3 Update
    1.Ran for 25 minutes .
    2.Covered 2KM
    Best Regards,
    R

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Srama - I miss yoga now! That last pose is my favorite. Gave me such a great stretch. I always tried to go to class after a long run. I’ve got to get my sorry self back on the road and into class.

Shanvy, Gauri03 and Srama like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

This is very motivating for me too ladies @Gauri03 , @Shanvy and @Laks09. My basement flooded and I have been off teaching for close to a year now. I am ready too, to get back on the mat and pick myself up again! Thank you!

@Gauri03 , real glad things turned well. I know you are very mindful person and you will take the necessary care and rest. I am nursing an ankle swelling, have a half marathon this weekend and might end up walking it or simply back off. As for ankle swelling, was helping a friend bring heavy stuff from Lowe's and accidentally, the cart rammed into my ankle from behind while my friend was pushing and boom I had an orange sized swelling in 10 secs with a bad gash - both are healing :)

So, looks like we are all in the same boat one way or another, right @kkrish ?

reca, Shanvy, Gauri03 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Srama oouch that feels so painful. hope it is better.. me and my spine knee and legs have a autobiography of their own given a chance.. lol.

in the past two years had a ankle hairline fracture, then a bursa tear and the self pinning piniformis so damn hard to shake off.. (shh surgery is a option not exploring for now)

. but the best part is not giving up.. i dont post much here because running is a impossible dream i wish to achieve one day.. all that we take for granted when the going is good sigh!!

for now i walk.. my goal 10k steps a day.. somedays achievable..

reca, ashima10, kaniths and 4 others like this.
  8. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

@Gauri03 :0 Glad that you are fine now. please be cautious runner !

Yesterday : nothing as Ira had fever.
    Today planning to stick to routine.

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  9. Gauri03

Uh oh! Not a boat I would have liked to share with anyone. : ) The ankle sounds painful. I think you should sit this half marathon out. Hope you feel better soon!

10. Gauri03

You're doing great Shanvy! We are runners, walkers, swimmers and gym rats. You don't have to run to post. Every post in this thread motivates me. Sometimes all I need is to read a few replies to make myself go for a run.

Srama, reca, Shanvy and 2 others like this.