Rukmini Kalyanam Vratha

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Asr4, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Asr4

Asr4 New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Can any one please provide me the link to get english or kannada version of Rukmini Kalyanam Book and also the procedure to do this vrath.

Thanks!

2. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Asr4,:hiya

wat is rukmini kalyanam vratha and why is it performed. i'm also kanndiga , but i have'nt heard of this b4.

please try 2 xplain me.

:)

3. vgetin

vgetin New IL'ite

Dear IL:
    I would like to know the details of rukmini kalyanam vratha.
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  4. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

Hey even i am looking the book in english/ hindi.
    If any body can upload i will be grateful :)

Thanks & regards
    Aarta

5. chanchal_kiran

chanchal_kiran New IL'ite

Hello,

Here is the info I know about Rukmini Kalyanam -

The above was taken from 16th Century Telugu Poet Sri Bommera Potana�s, of Sanskrit Srimadbagvatam, it contains around 108 slokas (Padyas) along with tika and tatparya (Meaning and Prose translation).

The Rukminikalyana is a Kavya in ten sargas, dealing with the well-known Pauranik story, of the marriage of Rukmini and Sri Krishna.

They deal respectively with the description of the city Dwaraka, the love in separation of Sri Krishna, the arrival at Kundinapura of Sri Krishna on hearing the mental anguish of Rukmini, the carrying off of Rukmini to Dvaravati, the entry of Sri Krishna and Rukmini into Dvaravati, the marriage of Rukmini with SriKrishna, the description of the summer-season, the description of the rainy season, the description of the Sarad season and the descriptions of the Hemanta and Sisira seasons.

Generally this is suggested read for marriage purpose. You have to study all of the Rukmini Kalyanam slokas/padyas completely, (if possible with Prose translation and other simple puja like dhoop, deep and naived to Godess Sri Lakshmi) daily for 16/40 days.

I am yet to find the proses. But the poems are available in raaga.com where you could listem them.

Love!!

sindmani likes this.
  6. maddy25

maddy25 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Can married ladies perform Rukmmini Kalyanam Vratha for good married life

Thanks
    Maddy

7. polava

polava New IL'ite

Hi ,

Can some one please upload the English version of the book please .

8. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

I have been reading rukmini kalyanam since a few days for marriage purpose.

It is not a pooja. These are verses from the srimad bhagavatam.

It is also called rukmini sandesh. It is basically the letter which queen Rukmini wrote to Sri Krishna telling him that she has chosen him to be her husband, and he should come and take her away, before her parents get her married to Shishupal.

It is very very beautiful. You will be very delighted when you read it!!

It is not 'karma kand' and therefore there are no specific days that it should be read, just read it everyday, till you find your suitable match. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes.
    Also since it is not a 'karma kand' activity, you do not have to worry about commiting any sin while reciting it. If you can't read it for a few days, then just continue reading when you find the time to do so.

The words are considered to be magical, and help a girl to find her suitable match quickly.

Just concentrate on the shlokas, and try to pronounce the sanskirt words as best as you can, and then read the translation.

It can be read by anyone, whether men or women, married or unmarried. In the pandharpur temple, it is recited daily after the morning aarti, since it's beautiful words are very dear to Krishna!!

Here is the link to the shlokas

Rukmini Sandesa|Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa|Canto 10 |Lord Krishna | Vaishnav Songs

9. subha2705

subha2705 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your information........

10. keerthi286

keerthi286 Senior IL'ite

Hi every one,

I am looking rukmini kalyanam in telugu. Where can I find the links? Please let me know.