1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Round The Clock Ghost

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Visasri, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@Cheeniya sir, you reminded me of something that I hadn’t shared with anyone, except parents, and a friend of mine, and of course the people involved.
    Now the ghost here seemed to be lively, and entertained us 24/7.
    Alert: This is a long post. I need to appreciate the efforts of the spirit or ghost, and need to share at least a few entertaining pieces.
    We had decided to move to a place close to my husband’s workplace. This was 50 KM off from the hometown, and we hunted for long. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we ended up with a 3 BHK home with the owner residing upstairs. It fit into our budget of 10,000 INR rent. On the day of my brother’s wedding, my hubby took me to visit this house. (A great plan, and I had to rush to my only brother’s wedding in a haste). The landlord never took us inside the house we were to move, but instead showed his home, which is exactly the same as the house to be vacated, as the previous residents were still there.
    They were waiting for the interior decoration to be completed in their new house, and this sounded a good omen for me.

A month was blissful, just me, hubby and kid. Seemed for such a big house we 3 are too small in number, and a few friends wanted to join. After a month, I started to see changes slowly. I could hear voices speaking to me in the kitchen. I was too terrified, but had to work in the kitchen. One fine day, no it’s a night, I saw a bat crossing over my head. And this happened inside the house, which has all windows closed, and doors closed. The windows are sealed with mosquito nets round the clock, and no fool would open the doors at 2 AM. Now starts the eerie part. One noon, my brother brought his friend with him to my place, and spent a couple of hours. I went inside the other room to fetch coffee, and I heard a female voice calling him by his name. He thought it was me, and came in. All three of us were confused for no one was at the gate, and I didn’t call him, and there was no one else apart from 3 of us, and the 2 year old kid. Even before this I could sense changes in your psyche. My boss was even faster in sensing this, it seems. After the bat incident, the very next day, he called me. Why do I see your work is delayed and the quality has come down so much?, was his question. I worked as a freelancer, and he was a friendly boss. I just opened up my mind and let him know the eerie experiences. Thankfully, his wife and father in law were into this. She could talk to spirits, it seems.

She volunteered to help, and asked me to roam around the house and speak generally. Later she told it is the southeast room and kitchen was affected. I affirmed, yes but the kitchen itself was in that direction. Then she asked me to talk about my experiences. To my horror, it was a techie ghost it seems. Whenever, I spoke about the incidents, the phone would go off. When I call and talk about the weather, the food, my work or something else, the line was cool. Again about the ghost the signal goes off. Later, we tried to Google Hangouts, and I don’t know how this ghost had access to this, the Wi-Fi would go off, or I would be signed out automatically. I had to go out of the house to talk about this every time.

She asked to vacate the place asap, and asked us to stop talking anything about moving out. Since she was talking in technical terms, and my parents wanted to try other means, they all confirmed this thing, and advised to move off. The fantastic part is we never let them knew things, and they could come out with everything with ease from far off distance.

Whenever we planned to move off, we couldn’t find a house in and around. So, I would drag my DH out of the house, and speak about it. For him, I was dealing well with the ghost, and could have continued to do so, till find a good place, or befriend it. We would look for houses, and roam around, only to come home tired. Finally, we landed in the current place we live, and agreed to move in here, over phone, as the landlord is not in the same town. Fixed everything over phone even before entering the eerie house.

On the day we vacated, my mom came over to help me. She was asleep in the other room, and we in the master bedroom, while she heard my dad calling her name. My dad was back at his home 50 KM off. This ghost proved to be a good mimicking artist too.

The last thing was when my mom cleaned the kitchen and kept a few things over the kitchen slab to dry off, she could see them jumping to fall close to her. It was in the middle of the slab, and no way could have dropped down. The parabola it created was something like it was thrown off by someone. We decided to pack things asap and leave off.

Thus, ended our experience. I have just given a note of things that would interest the readers, and tiny and petty issues caused by this entertaining ghost are still to be written.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Visasri
    I could tell you that my hairs stood on end after reading your story but that would be a lie. Don't get me wrong. It is not that your story had no eerie effect; it is just that I don't have any hair on my head to stand! To me your ghost at home appeared friendly and just wanted to have some fun with you. It did not appear to have any violent intentions like making you vomit blood and eerie things like that. The character I liked most in your narration was your boss's wife who appeared like a professional ghost hunter!
    Thank you for supplementing my ghost story!
    Sri

sumalynux likes this.
  3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha! But even I never had my hair standing, though I have enough.
    But experienced the chill running in the spine. Even today as I typed, was scanning places around to see if something is close by sitting or walking over. There are other really depressing incidents I dont want to share over here. But, we had had enough of our lifetime's problems in that place.

4. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Good sense of humour sir

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Gentle, harmonious, objective, service-oriented and trust worthy better-halves are abbreviated as ("GHOST") in your vocabulary, go for it. You are lucky by 55 years while Mr. P is lucky by 45 years.

See, I remain safe under the protection of black cat commandos (my words to describe GHOST) even when I am alone and my wife is away in India. :)

Viswa

PushpavalliSrinivasan likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear visasri,
    As our neighboring country has the discrimination in identifying terrorists like good terrorists and bad terrorists, luckily the ghost in your previous house seems to be a good ghost as it didn't cause any physical injury to any of the inmates. Ha ha ha, just joking.

It will definitely scare anyone when they experience these kind of things that you have mentioned. Good that you have shifted from that house.
    PS

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Very entertaining yarn but there isn't even ghost of a chance that ghosts exist.