1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Root cause of acne...Revealed!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by AnkitaPagaria, Aug 6, 2014.

1. AnkitaPagaria

AnkitaPagaria New IL'ite

Hello beautiful ladies !

Today I would like to share my experience and understandings about the most dreadful thing ever in a women's life...ACNE

I have been struggling with acne on my face, back and chest for 2.5 years now. Medicines and face wash prescribed by 'best dermatologist', clean-ups in expensive parlors, home made remedies like multaani mitti..you name it, I've tried it all. However, there was a time in Dec 2013 when I got rid of them all, but those monsters started popping out again and I was like 'Oh no, not again!'.

With time I have learned, I have been only treating it externally. I used products containing Benzoyl Peroxide that kills acne bacteria and makes the skin dry. But trust me these short term remedies are not helpful. However, the only way to prevent them from appearing again forever is by balancing your hormones.

Here's my list of to do's that I'm following to control my acne:
    1. Avoid milk. It is nature’s perfect food—but only if you are a calf. Replace it with oat milk.
    2. Avoid caffeine and sugar. Drink nettles green tea everyday.
    3. Eat salads containing more antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Bowl full of spinach, watercress, fennel, kale, carrots, beetroot, sweet potatoes, tofu, legumes (peas, beans & lentils), avocado, garlic, peppermint, broccoli, extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Transform boring salads into delicacies with this link
    4. Eat berries, red grapes, watermelon and lime. Good source of antioxidants and regulates insulin growth.
    5. Chew 4-5 brazil nuts, walnuts & almonds everyday. Nuts are rich in Selenium that helps to actively increase the number of infection-fighting white blood cells in the body.
    6. Apply honey and lemon juice mask for 15 minutes and rinse with water(Repeat 2-3 times a week).
    7. Use face wash containing salicylic acid twice a day. Remember do not wash your face too often it would trigger the cells to excrete more oil. Applying little moisturizer after wash is a must even if you have oily skin.
    8. At least 8 glasses of water and 8 hours of sleep a day with NO STRESS will lead you to heaven on earth. :)

Hahaha...this '8' was just a coincidence. Anyways, I'm following the above lifestyle and feeling quite good inside out. Since it's a long term solution we need to be patient enough to see results.

Note: I'm no expert. So kindly be aware of any allergies from the above ingredients and consult a doctor if needed.

Hope to hear from you all soon. Stay fit! Stay happy! :)

6 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Experience well shared - good. Hope it benefits people those who try this.

(AP - seems expensive - transfer funds to follow this rich diet) :):):)

1 person likes this.
  3. AnkitaPagaria

AnkitaPagaria New IL'ite

Thanks for appreciating! :)

All I can transfer is my knowledge :)

1 person likes this.
  4. radhikashinde91

radhikashinde91 Senior IL'ite

In this post given all information is informative and useful. thank you for sharing such valuable information.

5. bloregal

bloregal Senior IL'ite

Hey what is oat milk? Where to get that?

6. AnkitaPagaria

AnkitaPagaria New IL'ite

Hey thanks Radhika! I hope it's beneficial to all. :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  7. AnkitaPagaria

AnkitaPagaria New IL'ite

Hi bloregal...oat milk is a non dairy beverage extracted from oats that tastes like traditional milk but is lactose free, with low cholesterol, high in calcium and vitamin A. Try Pacific oat milk, however I doubt you can find it in India because I came across such product in Walmart here in US.

1 person likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

good answer.

My exp with acne was terrible but once I crossed the age of 28..it miraculously disappeared!

Main cause is your digestive system.The toxins should be released so lots of water DO help.However,if the toxins do not get released,it settles as acne.

there is this product RETIN-A 0.0025% BEST for acne.u can get it in INDIA over the counter.The retin a here is in a different concentrate..it did not work.

Also, CETAPHIL is the best facewash.it sucks with no foam but it is the best as per dermatologists.

Food and acne do not actually relate.it is still a myth..so enjoy happy eating though controlled for weight reasons.

9. AnkitaPagaria

AnkitaPagaria New IL'ite

Hi Anika... Nice to hear your views and suggestions.

I have used Retiva A, Tretiva and other such drugs. They did work for me as I mentioned but only temporary.
    Please note - these should not be consumed by pregrant ladies or the one's planning to get conceived as they have birth side effects.

Actually controlling hormones is tricky. They probably say it's a myth because an acne remedy might work for me but not work for another at all. But no harm in trying what works for most..right :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  10. maya69

maya69 Gold IL'ite

Just wanted to add to this thread if it helps someone.

I have struggled with acne since my teens and was still struggling with it in my 40's. Had a routine of using AHA/BHA creams/scrubs daily etc to keep things at bay. Then while troubleshooting on an unrelated health issue (muscle pain of neck/shoulder and joint pains) which I had been struggling with for a few years I found out that I had sensitivity to gluten/wheat products. I stopped eating all gluten products and my unexplainable muscle pains went away over a few weeks. I got tested for Celiac disease but was negative but clearly I am sensitive to gluten consumption as I will get my neck/shoulder pain within 12 hours of eating anything with gluten. I have no digestive symptoms. I believe gluten symptoms are different for different people.

The other unexpected benefit of being gluten free was my acne cleared up. No more pimples at random times and I have stopped having to put any creams. My scars have had time to heal as new ones arent coming all the time. I can actually leave the house without putting coverage for acne marks! Now If I eat gluten unknowingly, within 24hrs I would have a pimple. If i get an occasional one, i put one of those sulfur creams (like Acnomel) which helps the pimple dry out in a day or two.

Am not saying everyone will benefit from being gluten free but it might be helpful to keep a food diary and see if there are any triggers.

1 person likes this.