1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Room Decoration Gallery FB

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by Sudha Kailas, Feb 8, 2009.

1. himanadendla

himanadendla Silver IL'ite

Sudha

All your works are really good... No words to express ... Can you share the procedure for the second one and the thoran

Thanks in advance

Hima

2. sakidran

sakidran Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

Excellent work! the thorans are very nicely done.
    pls. can share the procedure?

3. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

All works are superb.:cheers you have loads of patience and creativity. I really appreciate you getting the work in form which we usually see in exhibitions. :bowdown
    I have some questions on your work, please do answer.
    1. On what have you done the work in first picture of apple/heart. what have you done to get the texture on it.
    2. The birds, in second picture what is it called. what have you stuffed inside them, cloth?
    3. The thoran with dolls hung is very innovative. have you made the dolls, how have you done them
    4. the framed work on black background, what is that. what work is done on what base.
    5. the pots are also pretty and the wire work in front of them are also good. and please post a close up of pots which is kept individually.

Thank you in advance.

4. Successpriya

Successpriya Silver IL'ite

They look cute n lovely ...even i'm eager to know the answers for nags questions? :coffee

5. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

All are very nice...especially your wall hangings, thorans!!

Cheers!
    -Anushaa

6. ash18_g

ash18_g Silver IL'ite

Hi sudha

Craft works are fantastic.... nice creativity... keep posting..

thnx for sharing them

ashwini

7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for going thro' my post - Pot Painting and Gem Trees.

The two are called Gem Trees (this is what I was told when I learnt it). One I have made using gold/colored strings with leaf shaped sequins and the other one with danglers. I learnt them 5 years ago and gifted them as Navrathri giveaways last year.

My special thanks to Shilpa, Usha mami, Sangeetha and few others who encouraged me saying that I should make more and give them as Navrathri/Diwali return gifts rather than buy stuff from out.

Cheers,
    Sudha

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

If it is the apple shaped hanger with the ganesha it is "wood" cut in the shape of an apple which I bought readymade and stuck the terracota ganesha on it and painted everything using fabric paints and decorated them with sequins and beads.

The torans are both handstitched by me using poplin/long cloth with canvas cloth as padding. I used readymade frames and mirrors and stitched them on it. Decorated the edges with gold lace again hand stitched, hung birds (made by me), readymade animals, etc that you get in either gurjari or some craft fair. Both the torans were made to order for friends. Again these were done 4 years ago.

The small silver color "moram" is again readymade bought from craft fair and I painted it and stuck the terracota ganesha and made the hanger using oxidised beads. I made 12 of these with different colour combos and gifted them away 3 /4 years ago during Ganesh Chaturthi.

Cheers,
    Sudha

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha,

Superb crafts........I love the last one....what you mentioned as gem trees...what are the materials required, besides those colourful beads. Where did you learn it from. Don't know why...I am crazy for anything with beads :crazy.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  10. lovely_ambika

lovely_ambika Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    all your works are really nice, thanks for sharing.

Ambika.