1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Role Of Guru In Our Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SharadaIyer, Nov 28, 2017.

1. SharadaIyer

SharadaIyer Senior IL'ite

just had a though in my mind. "SURRENDER TO DIVINE" is possible for ordinary human beings like us when we are too much ingrossed in materialistic world - or do we need interpretor to make us reach that goal? Do everybody need guru to lead us path or what role a guru play in our life? Needs valuable feedback and inputs on the subject "GURU AND HIS PRESENCE IN LIFE" from all my friends and members out here.

Thanks
    Sharada

Jeeves likes this.

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

A Guru is definitely necessary to help us become mature and indulge in self realisation. It is difficult for normal humans to look at the big picture when he is already overwhelmed with the materialistic world. But in this KaliYuga it is becoming difficult to even find a genuine living Guru. So better to follow the Gurus who attained Mukthi by reading their bio graphies and scriptures about them. Their stories will help us sail through our life like they hold us and guide us.

3. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Well

4. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Well...Guru is a necessity for some . I personally that if one is spiritually inclined and feel God's presence in his / her heart, , one does not need a Guru.

sindmani likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I don't think everyone needs s guru. It depends on one's environment when they grow up.
    PS

sindmani likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It depends how we define a Guru. Guru means one who removes ignorance. One who teaches who we are not to eliminate all that is transient and show us the path to who we really are (permanent), is a true Guru. It is rare to find such selfless, loving and skillful teachers who can transform the life of his/her disciples. He/She should be one who knows how to choose the disciples for transformation. He/She should know how to teach discipline of the body and mind. He/She should be one who will never give up after choosing the disciple until the student achieves the goal of self-realization. He/She should be one who should be selfless and don't teach for material gains.

The Universal Absolute or one who has inculcated most if not all of the qualities of the Universal Absolute are the ones who are capable of being a Guru.

Viswa

7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I do not think a Guru is necessary. One if it is difficult to find a real guru it is equally difficult to become a real disciple. I strongly believe that the guru sits within us. No external force is needed to tell us what is right and wrong. We intinctively know it. If we do not follow it, even the best guru will of no help. We ourself have to decide what is right and what is wrong. Books and preachers will help but can not make us follow it in practice.
    So have regard for the guru if you have one or can find one if you so wish but remember you are your own guru.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

When I look at a guru, I think who was his/her guru. And the chain keeps building up till I reach the top most guru - who didn't have a guru. So if that person didn't need a guru, why would anyone else need a guru. However, I do love reading and listening to Osho purely for his interesting opinions.

Buddha's last words were, “Be your own light"

9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

At the moment Google guru fulfils most of our worldly queries.:icon_pc: But for queries beyond what's is seen and felt physically, one has to be very intelligent or self-realised. Honestly I am stuck here, I wish I could get a true guru and I could be a true disciple. I guess with a good guru, quest becomes easier.

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It would be difficult to get "guru" conforming to the required specification.The news of modern gurus - behind the scene activities - appearing every other day would frighten one searching for Guru. gurus of yore are scarce.
    Just by doing our duty with love to our parents, family, siblings and friends and to the Nation seemed to be more than adequate to reach the Lotus feet.
    thanks and regards. god Bless Us All.

iamsrihere likes this.