1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

How are you all gals? Sorry for MIA.. hugs to u all.. tight schedule here, at least mentally :tonguewink: been reading the messages, always meaning to reply in spare time only to give in to the luxury of a nap..
    @cliona glad to see your posts.. there's a kind of absorbent sheet I got for LO that you might find useful at night.. it absorbs the urine..though you might have to change sheets in the middle of the night.. I dunno any workaround for THAT.. how are the little one's doing? So happy to hear about the ayush homam..
    @AkilaMani glad to see your posts as always.. hugs..
    @blueFlower Hi, and welcome!!

cliona and AkilaMani like this.
  2. blueFlower

blueFlower New IL'ite

Hi @Bubbles , thank u. From ur posts I came to know that u a new mom, so am expecting lots of tips and tricks from u during this pregnancy stage as well as after delivery, in looking after the younger one day and night!!

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi

I am suma. Was working all my life. Moved to usa. H4 and sahm.

2.3year old makes me feel proud n laugh sometimes making me go nuts.

Putting on lot of weight, not caring about face. No time for my blogs n stories.

Its all about my ds this days. Feel guilty am a bad mom. I am arranging playdates (used to take parks hours together in summer) teach him things n play a while.

Moment i sit to watch tv or eat or browse my son is all cranky. Amma down down sit play play.. sometimes feel like yelling at him and guilt about it later:disrelieved:

Bubbles and cliona like this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cliona,

Popped in to check and saw messages in this thread. Will come back and reply dear. rushing somewhere now. Take care.

cliona likes this.
  5. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

T
    Thank you @akila dear... no issues.take your time... take care

6. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @sumalynux
    Completely understand what you are going through. I was in the same boat 8 years back ..... and again will get into same boat sometime soon... ! Just hang in there ! Time will come. Things will improve... my friends here will give u lot of suggestions. Pour in all your stuff here. IL is such a relief. We are here.Sharing in itself feels so good. Keep posting. Gotta go now... Baby ll wake up anytime soon. Keep in touch.
    Regards,
    Cliona

sumalynux likes this.
  7. AkilaMani

Hi dear,

Happy to know about the ayush homam. God bless him :)

Wet sheets is a common thing with young ones at home. Try these things dear:-

1. Put full rubber/plastic type sheets for under the bedsheet and old cotton saree / cloth /towel that you use for the baby to sleep on also on the side where the baby sleeps. So every time its wet, if its only the towel, you can change that, or if other parts of the bedsheet is wet, you can change the sheet. I know it is work to change the whole bedsheet multiple times a day, but it protects the mattress. Downside : it will be a bit hot because of the rubber sheet, you can manage it with aircon though.

I used one for my second daughter because we lived in a fully furnished rented house at that time, and I didn't want to accidentally spoil the mattress, as someone else will be using it after us. We got a thick plastic type sheet that covered the whole bed and we tucked it under two bedsheets and used multiple towels and sarees on top(it looked ridiculous), because I hated changing the sheets so many times, so it was easier to just change the towels /sarees as and when they got wet and change the sheet only once a day. There was a lot of laundry and shortage of space to dry things..... my god, just thinking of it is making me tired now. But it worked.
    [I don't know if I was crazy to do these things, maybe someone could have had a better idea... but at that time, I wasn't smart enough to search online and ask someone :p I just did what I could :)]

2. Use cloth diaper for the child. You will have to check multiple times, and change as soon as it gets wet. Its work, but doable. Cloth diapers usually have good air circulation, so rashes may not be much. Give it a try.

cliona likes this.
  8. AkilaMani

Hi Blueflower,

Congrats on you pregnancy :)
    Pregnancy stage was much easier dear, than after delivery with an older child. Luckily, I had certain routines with my older daughter at that time. Giving full attention and playing games with her without getting distracted, helped me have more free time (rest time), because after a 30 mins of play time with me, if I asked her to play/colour on her own for a while she was more ready to do that. I would suggest another play idea after she had played on her own, so she was more willing to give me a break because she knew that I would be back to playing with her soon.

I hope this makes some sense.

Also, keeping the child hydrated, fed, and going to the playground (to expend energy), also enough sleep, keeps them from being more demanding or acting out for attention.

Best wishes to you :)

cliona and sumalynux like this.
  9. AkilaMani

Hi Bubbles, so happy to see you back :) how are you darling? hows everything going with you? take care.

cliona likes this.
  10. AkilaMani

Hi Suma,

As much as time with our children is important, so is time for ourselves also. My reply above to blueflower will suite you also. Sandwiching your self time between two dedicated play sessions is a good way to get some time for yourself.

Also having physical activities as play ideas is a good way to get some workout for us while engaging the little one.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

cliona and sumalynux like this.