1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Road test in Rahway

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by goldenrose, Jan 26, 2012.

1. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to take Road test in Rahway. How about road test in rahway, I mean the roads, examiner, uphill, downhill, parallel parking, K turn. How about parallel parking as soon as we enter we should do the parallel parking or like Kilmers Road, In Kilmers road to do parallel parking we have to go to the end take a turn and do the parallel parking, But in eatontown as soon as we enter we should do the parallel parking, Please give me your experience it will be the greatest help for me. I failed in eatontown, he said i drove in wrong turn, Im very confused, where i took wrong way, Which turn he is telling that i took the wrong way. Next time i would like to take in Rahway, Please give me the parallel parking how we should do in Rahway,(Go to the end and turn and do the parallel park, or as soon as we enter we should do the paralle park

Gokusha- Please give me your feedback, I have seen so many post of yours, All the time you have given right post for the right timing, Im really BIG FAN of your posts.

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

I took my road test in Rahway two years back. Not sure if the procedures are still the same. In Rahway, the road test is in a designated ground unlike in real roads in Kilmer. An area inside the DMV is marked as roads and you take the test there. So you dont have to worry about ongoing traffic on the roads. During my test, I was asked to do K turn and parallel parking at the end of the test, at a marked area designated for parallel parking and k-turn tests. Not sure if things have changed!

If you are really concerned, visit Rahway DMV and you'll get an idea how it is! Don't worry, its easier there than Kilmer. All the best!

3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

One more tip - You take a practice session with an instructor in Iselin/Woodbridge area before you take the test. They'll know how the test is done in Rahway and coach you accordingly. Take an hour a day or two before the test, and one hour practice on the day of the test. They'll even take you to the test at an extra cost. So you can take the test on the same car with which you practiced.

If you are on dependent visa, the DMV authorities will need to see the primary holder's documents too to issue you a license.

Indu

4. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

thanks for your Info writeme. i have the next appointment only in Mar in Rahway. I dont know what to do.I cant wait till that time. Im planning to take in Feb. Anybody have gone to Eatontown, or anyother place where the road test will be inside. Im ready to do in live trafic, Only thing it should not be like kilmers Raod. Please i need your feedback ASAP

5. sravanthi12

sravanthi12 New IL'ite

hello,
    I have road test in rahway tomorrow.Last week it was in Kilmer road,but on that day i forgot to take some documents,so they have sent me back,and I got the next schedule tomorrow in rahway.Iam feeling lilbit tensed.Some of my frieds told me that stop signs are lilbit confused there.can anyone help about the rahwasy Dmv and some tips too..

Wish me all the best friends.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Rahway road test is in an enclosed area, not the normal road as in Kilmer road. It is very easy.
    Just make sure to stop in the STOP sign, and to stay in the right side of the road. Since there is no live-traffic, and the roads are narrow compared to real roads we tend to drive in the middle of the road. Stay in right, stop in STOP signs and keep the speed limit, you will clear the test...

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame