1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ritesh Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza's wedding bash !!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

There wasn't anything to shout about in the film. It's just another cute film. I watched the film mainly for Imran and Pappu Can't Dance Saala. OTOH, Genelia was just playing yet another young, childish role. Probably if you have not watched any of her similar role plays in Tamil and Telugu films, you might be able to appreciate her in JTYJN.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I know Genelia has lots of fans. I like her too. But just couldn't bear her intro scene in Santhosh Sunbramaniam.. :-(

1 person likes this.
  3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Its not like that I hate or don't like Genelia.
    I like both Ritesh & Genelia :)

Here is a small story about their love story :)

[​IMG]
    Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza are all set to tie the knot on February 4 after dating for almost a decade. In a candid chat, Ritz and Genie talk about their love story. Here’s a flashback into the prem kahani that has never been told.

The first meeting
    Riteish: I was flying to Hyderabad for the test shoot of Tujhe Meri Kasam and I was told that the girl opposite me would be there. I walked out of the airport and met
    Genelia’s mom. Then I saw this tall girl looking in the opposite direction, completely ignoring me. I was like, ‘Why is she behaving like this?’

Genelia (butts in): I did say, ‘Hi!’ I’d found out two days before that he was the Chief Minister’s son so I assumed he was a spoilt brat... a typical politician’s son... so I thought I’d give him attitude before he did! (laughs) Otherwise, I am shy and reserved by nature.

Breaking the ice
    Genelia: The minute I spoke to him, I realised he was a nice person. On the set, Riteish binds people. I didn’t know anything about films then but he made it look so easy. Also I found it endearing how he was so respectful of my parents and elders.

Riteish:
    Itni taareef maine apne bare mein itne saalon mein nahin suni hai!

Woh pehli baar…
    Riteish: We started working as strangers, then began understanding each other. Off the sets we soon became best friends. I would discuss architecture with her while she would discuss college and exams with me! The beauty of a relationship is when you get used to a person; it is not sudden. It is just a process, and you don’t realise when love happens. After I came back from the Hyderabad schedule, I started missing her. I wondered whether it was right to call her or not. That dilemma lasted for a few days.

Genelia: I was completely floored by Riteish’s personality. I think guys like him are rare in today’s world. I love listening to him and enjoy his views. Falling in love was gradual. Every stage was played out very correctly — be it friends, be it best friends or life partners.

Confessing love
    Riteish: There was no great realisation of love overnight, nor were there any great declarations. It was understood. We didn’t need to tell each other anything. We were together for days, which went into months and then years.

Genelia: The gradual development of our love was so unbelievable that it surprised us. We just grew together. The best part is that we’ve never stopped being friends no matter how much our relationship has grown.

The romantic one
    Riteish: Neither of us are terribly romantic people, but we believe in special moments. Small things that have happened unknowingly have become romantic moments. Like this year on New Year’s night, we suddenly decided to stop at a coffee shop at 11.30 pm and spend some time together. We try and find happiness in small things.

Genelia: We enjoy life and each other’s company. We have a great time over coffee. My world is very small — it includes my parents, Riteish and a couple of friends. When you keep your world so precise, you know what your priorities are.

Him and her
    Riteish:
    She is my flagbearer. I draw unconditional support and love from her. Genelia’s love holds me together and to understand her love is something else. It is amazing.

Genelia: I love Riteish. He lets me be. He encourages and pushes me. He’s proud of me and he’s such a secure person. At times, I get cranky but he’s always cool and handles things with maturity. I also love the way he conducts life and his willingness to listen first and then speak.

I hate you
    Riteish: I hate her memory! While there are certain things I may want to forget, she remembers everything. With time, some things need to be forgotten!

Genelia: What I don’t like about him is that he the world’s busiest man. Even on a holiday he will manage to be busy! He will call and tell me he has these meetings and can meet me in between.

Fight club
    Riteish:
    We hardly fight. We have differences of opinion. I goof up most of the time but we never yell at each other. I am usually the one to make up first. To make up with a girl is an ever-evolving process!

Genelia: I wait for Riteish to sort it out.

The proposal
    Genelia:
    He hasn’t proposed as yet… (giggles)

Riteish:
    It’s an arranged marriage, so there was no need to propose formally.

No proposal!
    Riteish:
    I have always been weak-kneed in front of her (smiles)! Shaadi ke din bache hai na — kar doonga main propose tab! She was a teenager when we started dating, and I was in my 20s. We have grown up together, having gone from being really childish to having a sense of maturity.

Genelia: Formal proposals are mere rituals. It’s important to be happy with the person you are with.

The engagement
    Genelia:
    There’s no sparkler (she shows her bare fingers). He’s given himself to me, so that’s fine. Riteish is my biggest and only sparkler.

Riteish: Shaadi se pehle de doonga!

Shaadi ke baad
    Riteish:
    Agar yeh kaam nahi karegi toh ghar kaise chalega? (laughs) Every decision that’s been made has been hers, but Genelia has always been gracious enough to discuss it with me. So whether she wants to work in films or not is up to her. Whatever she decides is okay with me.

Genelia: He’s always told me that it is my decision whether I want to work after marriage or not. Of course, I will prioritise my work differently post marriage. I don’t want to be part of the rat race, but I do want to be part of something good.

1 person likes this.
  4. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

finally media has got some news after aish-abhi marriage ...
    now senior AB tweeting "Been to mehandi ceremony along with Beti B and media people are busy in taking pictures of Beti B instead of bride and groom"

1 person likes this.
  5. puni88

SO... where are the Beti B's pics :)

They didn't even name Beti B, but took her out to Mehendi ceremony ?

6. puni88

Whose mehendi ceremony??? Ritesh's mehendi is supposed to be on Feb 3rd and marriage on Feb 4th.... :confused2:

7. puni88

<LI style="FILTER: alpha(opacity=100); ZOOM: 1" id=158519 class="{type:'slide',desc:'Raveena Tandon and Anil Thadani walk in.',i:'30',src:'http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/ENTERTAINMENT/riteish-genelia-party/raveena.jpg',key:'riteish deshmukh, genelia dsouza, karan johar, deepika paduone, neha dhupia, sohail khan, neil nitin mukesh, sanjay dutt, arjun rampal, tusshar kapoor',cat:'entertainment',title:'Riteish-Genelia's big party night',source:'© Photo: Milind Shelte'} active" jQuery1327591426690="36">[​IMG]

Raveena and Anil Tandani.

1 person likes this.
  8. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hey guys I just guessed when AB goes to mehendi which is on feb 3rd i think

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ohhh I loved that guy; and he ended with Geneilia!!! My choice of men is always bad.. Glad that I had an arranged marriage; else I would be living with alimony by now..

B/w Amisha looks horrible; and Raveena looks lovely; and Jiah khan looks healthy...

Thanks for the snaps; dear

Nitha

3 people like this.
  10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl