1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of a Star!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Dec 15, 2011.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Oh! Its Christmas at last!!:) The season of happiness and peace. The streets and houses full of lights. I think its the only time ever in my village the people are least bothered about their domestic electricity bills. Our small village is full of stars and decorated beautifully with serial bulbs of various colours.

Usually in our house my husband would hang the stars on December 1 itself. But this time don't know what happened he was not taking any action to decorate the houseshakehead. I was worried since my son was asking for that everyday. But I was not willing to bother him with this silly (??) wish of ours. So I didn't ask him too.

Yesterday he left home early as usual for our business purpose and suddenly by afternoon he called me. I was astonished to receive his call in that unusual time. I asked him what happened. He told me that he got a new idea regarding hanging up of the stars. I was a bit surprised by him.

I asked him where he was. He told me that he was about to meet his client and suddenly he got the idea. So he called me immediately. I asked him what was his idea. He told me that it was a surprise and someone might copy that if he said that to me over the phoneHarhar.

Evening he came earlier than usual. He had a bunch of serial bulbs in his hands. We had our previous year's stars with us. He took the serial bulbs and stitched them inside through out the star's body. I didn't think that it was a nice idea and I thought it was not going to be a success:bonk.

Phew... At last he finished it after one hour. Yet I was not impressed. But I didn't want to tel him that and disappoint him. So when he asked me whether I liked his idea I just smiled at him. He might have understood what was going in my mind. So he temporarily connected with the plug and Oh Boy!!..... It was awesome:hatsoff.

I don't know someone in the world tried that idea before but I was seeing it for the first time and I was impressed doubly and I admired him for his idea (as for as I know he hasn't copied that from anybody):iagree. I urged him to repeat the same procedure in the other star too but he was very tired. I offered him my full support and this time both of us finished it pretty early and believe me they were mind blowing.

Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells1 Jingle All the Way
    Oh! What fun it is to find a newly glowing star....

Wish you all A MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012:party.

2 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Lovelyme

Looks like you don't want to share what he made with the star here too so that we all will copy from you ehh..:)
    do let us know what he did that looks so beautiful. Or I couldn't catch up with what he has done with the stars:bonkin your post.
    Do share a picture too of that.

3. satchitananda

satchitananda Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lovelyme,

That was so nice to read. The festive mood is very infectious and catching. Glad you are all set to enjoy the season of cheer. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. :)

4. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Satchi and Aruna Dears for ur lovely FBs.

I am sorry I couldn't write well what my husband did in that star. He weaved inside the star with the set of serial bulbs. So there is no need to put a bulb in it. The star will glow with the help of serial bulbs not with ordinary or CFL bulbs. I think I made it clear now... Anyways I'll try to get a snap of it n post..

5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lovelyme.....:)
    It is really a pleasure to see something done by us....decorating the home.....:thumbsup
    It is extra special...on festival season......:thumbsup:thumbsup
    So, Christmas has come home ......
    Wishing you a Happy, Merry,Jolly,Cheery, Merry Christmas...:)..!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hi knbg,

Thank you very much for your feed back. I wish you a very happy Christmas too dear!!