Rip Priyanka Reddy:(

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

We cannot become a banana republic however agitated we are with this incident, Justice should be by law not lynch mobs ...

the 4 people who committed the crime in this case also acted as a mob egging each other against one line girl... the lynching is not an answer already we have lynches in name of cows ... tomorrow people will use any excuse to lynch anyone they don’t like ... dangerous suggestions

3. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Heart-Wrenching !

Recently watched a video where a female student was saying that we women need a separate country to live.

Can't agree more.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

edited.

link is censored

5. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Are we( media, people, law makers) not supposed to reveal victim’s name? Why is it difficult to follow this simple rule?

We can ask the moderator to change thread’s title but many posts still have many references of her name. It is unfair for surviving members of the victim’s family.

Society is not going to change overnight by showing outrage. Teach your kids
    (Male or female) to follow the law of the land.

Vaikuntha and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I thought just like you when I saw her/parents/sibling names, pics and videos on TV for first time. TV people didn't mind to reveal her address, where she was working and everything. This thread has started after her entire info went viral on social media. So whom to blame? Media followed not revealing victim's name rule when Nirbhaya incident happened.

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Victim's name cannot be revealed if the victim of rape survived. [ Law on the Disclosure of the Identity of Rape Victims]

If they are not any more, its ok to mention I think .. See case of Asifa (Kathua rape case - Wikipedia) , Jyoti singh(nirbhaya 2012 Delhi gang rape - Wikipedia) and also this one. Also its upto the survivor & family to reveal their name or not. Many survivors do that as they dont want to be labelled as victims.

Its a very unfortunate situation. Look like every woman should be aware of the situation in our country. They should be very cautious while travelling during night time. Is it unfair ? yes, but our society is filled with these kind of cruel animals who think its their right to do these kind of heinous crimes.

I have travelled alone many times up to 9.00 PM in my native place in India. You dont find many woman and every one in street look at you with suspicion and also the buses will be kind of isolated. Mostly you will be the only female in the bus. I always try for a 360 view and didnt trust anyone. My father used to wait at the bus stop. Even now, when I am in India, they dont allow me to travel alone after 6.00 PM. In USA, I travel and stay alone in many places. Never faced any issue. But still I will be in full alert mode all the time. When I was working at the university in US with very safe campus , my colleagues suggested me to always check around if you are in the campus once its dark or seek help if needed. When I saw this news I understood why they told me like that (US: Hyd girl raped and murdered in Chicago). Unfortunate events can happen anytime to anyone.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    sweetsmiley, Yumna, Rihana and 4 others like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I was wondering the same. When we saw that video my DH was like why is the reporter smiling is she insane!

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I think revealing name is ok if family agrees , there is no shame for the family to hide their names , they are victims ...

anika987 likes this.
  10. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

For Indian law, this is "same $h!t , just another day ! "
    India is now in a downward spiral for women safety !
    Most of the Indians have moved on from this case already because there is another rape case somewhere in the country.
    What happened after Nirbhaya case - Many Indians roared slogans, did candle marches, and what not !! What changed?
    Where is the fear of law !
    As long as there lawyers taking up cases in defence of criminals like Kasab, India will not improve.
    Shame on the country and its law execution !
    Majority of the country praised Modi like madness when he won the election - What is he doing as the Prime Minister of the country to protect women and young girls ? What laws has he passed ?
    As a country we failed to provide basic security and we talk about nuclear power and sending stuff to Moon !
    Really !?! lets get out $h!t together first !!
    I am ashamed of saying that my home country is not safe for my daughter.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019