1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rip Jimmy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

HARILAKHERA SAD TO READ ABOUT YOUR DOG'S FATE. fOUR YEARS IS HARDLY AN AGE FOR A DOG TO DIE. jIMMY THAT WAY WAS LUCKY. SHE HARDLY SUFFERED FROM ANY AILMENT EXCEPT ARTHRITIS THAT SET IN A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. HER SUFFERING WAS HARDLY FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.,

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

tAMRAKSHAR i DON'T APPROVE OF KEEPING BIRDS FOR THEY HAVE TO BE J KEPT IN CAGES. bUT THAT IS NOT THE CASEW WITH DOGS. wHEN TRAINED WELL THEY DON'T NEED RESTRAINTS. tBUT CAGING BIRDS IS AN ACT OF CRUELTY.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

vISWA AS A DOG OWNER YOU CAN FEEL MY PAIN. dOGS ARE UNSELFISH IN THEIR LOVE UNLIKE HUMANS..YES DOGS HAVE MINDS OF THEIR OWN BUT USUALLY THEY ALLOW THE HUMANS TO HAVE THEIR WAY. iT IS NOT THAT THEY CAN'T PLAY THE BOSS BUT ARE TOO LOVING FOR THAT. tHEY PREFER TO DOMINATE US THROUGH LOVE.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

t%^HAT IS REALLY HEART RENDING. cATS HAVE TO BE GUARDED MORE CAREFULLY THAN DOGS AS THEY ARE MORE INDEPENDENT AND TEND TO GET INTO TROUBLE.

5. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

I agree Bala ji. In fact, keeping any animal in bound is not right. But, Mithu stayed in cage less than he stayed outside.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akilamani, that is the biggest pain for pet owners. To see them die beforew their eyes.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

So you gave the bird freedom and it took it. A wll trained dog need not be kept on leash. Jimmy was put on leash only when we took her for a walk . Because otherwise she would make a U turn after relieving herself and head for home avoiding any exercise.

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

O,
    :hello:Reading Through your heart wrenching teary write up, I am sure one must have gone through variety of emotions as I have. While sharing your grief for loss of your beloved Jimmy Balajee , I am reminded of
    Elevated status the quadruped enjoy in the hindu pantheon like Lord BHAIRAVA.
    2. It depicts how quadruped are close to humans in their understanding and adapting to human behaviour as exemplified in tamed ones in the likes oh Jimmy, Cheenu, Kitty, Browny et al.
    3. I am reminded of my Late friend JK whose narrow escape from exposure to Bhopal Mic gas leakage and the role of Street bhairavas and Pomeranians in saving his life which I attempted writing in the The anecdote “PADMA POMERANIANS &Bhopal Gas Leak” posted 3,Dec, 2017 refers of the gas leak of 2/3, dec1984.
    4. Labrador reminds me of immense help that they offer at times of calamity and to police.
    that dogs of special breeds are so trained to give the police a lead or two in tracing the culprit. The Labs with them are search and rescue type. Labrador and Doberman- both used to locate thieves or find missing articles or objects. Bloodhounds are also often used for this task. They have the ability to smell and remember and track the places or spots continuously till they succeed in reaching the source or abandon their effort once they are confused with smells when diluted with something else. Trained ones can locate, even if the source is caught buried under the debris of say quake affected areas such as buildings, bridges or settled underneath water. One recalls the hero of 26/11 terror attack- a Labrador -the Prince of Mumbai Police’s squad, helped to locate four live bombs and 17 hand grenades during the siege of Taj Mahal hotel and its assistance during investigation of Mumbai train blasts in the year 2006.

5.They are treated as officers and enjoy special food; and if they happen to die during their induction or the period to assist police, they will be accorded full honours and respect in the same manner as any police officer die on duty would command.
    6.. Your post on loss of Jimmy-Balajee reminds me of Hachiko - statute in Tokyo -Japan.
    He came to Shibuya railway Station everyday to receive his master, a professor, returning from work. After the professor died in 1925, Hachikō continued to come to the station daily for ten long years. The story became legend and a statue for the Hachiko erected in memory opposite Shibuya railway Station. The surrounding plaza is Tokyo’s most popular rendezvous point and is always abuzz.
    7. Yes Balajee - Your write up I read repeatedly and every time it moved me to tears.
    RIP JIMMY et al.