1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right or Wrong? - Part 2 (A story)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Jun 1, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

There was silence for some time.
    "Anitha, I dont understand anything". Ashok said with a big question mark all over his face.
    "Ashok, Even I dont understand what is wrong with me. But I know that I am not happy with the way my life is. I have a perfect family with a loving husband and two beautiful kids. I am still not content with my life." Anitha sat there with both her hands on her head.

There was no reply from Ashok. She continued "I feel happy when I am with Sumit. And I miss him when he is not around."
    "So? You mean to say you love Sumit!!!" There was concern and tension in Ashok's voice.
    "Ashok, I really dont know. I feel I need some space to think about my life and decide how I want to shape it."
    "OK Anitha. Tell me what do you want to do now?"
    "I will go to Pune for some days and stay with my friend Deepthi who works there. I just need some time for myself."
    "OK. As you wish." Ashok said and left from there. He didnt want to continue this conversation anymore.

Ashok and Anitha were both lying on the bed, but they were not asleep. Both were absorbed in their own thoughts.

What did I do wrong that Anitha feels this way? She says she is not happy. I love her so much and provided her all the luxury of life. I work so hard for my wife and kids. My only goal in life is to keep them happy. But Anitha has done her own sacrifices for the family. She went against her parents and married me. She was such a career oriented woman and had her own goals. She left her job for my sake. She has been a dutiful wife and mother. Did I do something wrong by taking away her parents from her? I should have asked her to continue her job, I dont even spend enough time with her and kids. She must be feeling very lonely all day at home. Thats when she met Sumit and got attracted to him. Its all my mistake.

Oh God!!! Why is this happening with me? Ashok loves me so much. I know that. Then why am I still thinking about Sumit? I am not only cheating Ashok but also my kids. Ashok comes home late and goes on office trips very often. But he does this for us, for me and the kids. Ashok does not spend time with me does not mean he does not care for me. He has not even talked to me in a raised voice till now. He knows that I miss my parents a lot and tries to keep me happy. There is no fault of Ashok at all. I got attracted to Sumit and its all my mistake.

The next day Ashok and Anitha didnt talk much. Anitha left for Pune after sending the kids to school. Ashok had owned up to take care of kids till she returned. He had arranged for a maid to take care of them when they returned from school. He took great care of them in absence of Anitha. The kids missed their mother, but Ashok managed them somehow.

Anitha called home often, but whenever she did she only enquired about the kids. She was also in touch with Sumit. She called him often and talked to him for long time. She had still not told him anything about her feelings for him.

Four weeks had passed by. It was a weekend and Deepthi was at home.
    "Ani, lets go out today. I want to take you somewhere."
    Anitha agreed to join her.
    Deepthi took Anitha to a place which looked like a NGO. There were around ten women there most of them very young. The women were busy in their tailoring work. Deepthi talked to few of them whom she knew. She took Anitha aside and told her.
    "Ani, you see the women here. They are either thrown out of the house by their husbands or widows. What do you feel after seeing them?"
    Anitha was silent. She didnt answer anything.
    "Ani, you know what I feel. I feel you are very lucky. You are very lucky to have a wonderful husband. He loves you so much. Is that not a reason enough to stay with him?"
    Anitha bent her head and stood there.
    "Ani, We always run behind things which we don't have and we don't acknowledge what we have. You were having such a great life. But when you met Sumit you thought your life was not complete. You needed a companion to listen to you and spend time with you. You know what? There was no need for you to tell anything to Ashok. He understood your needs without even you telling him. I talked to him last week. He broke down on the phone. He feels he has not been a good husband."
    Now Anitha had tears in her eyes.
    "Ani, Ashok has talked to your parents and resolved all the issues with them. He knew you missed them. He blamed himself for not doing it before. They have told him that they will come over to Mumbai very soon to meet you all."
    Anitha was still silent.
    "Ani, Ashok has even talked to his friends and arranged for a job for you. Your idle mind has diverted your attention to unnecessary things. Ashok is waiting for you Ani. Please don't make him wait for a long time."
    "Deepthi, Thanks for showing me the right way. The past four weeks I have understood that my feelings towards Sumit was just infatuation. I don't know how these feelings got over me. I feel so silly now. I have missed Ashok and kids a lot past few days. I want to go home immediately and meet them." Anitha said sobbing.

The house was silent when Anitha reached home. She went inside the kids room. They were sleeping. They looked so adorable. She found Ashok sitting on the easy chair with his eyes closed. He didn't notice her. She bent down on her knees and held his hands.
    "Ashok, I am sorry. Please forgive me and accept me once again."
    Ashok was happy to see Anitha there.
    "You never left me." He said and hugged her.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello vidu,

Beautiful ending da:):thumbsup

The last line especially makes a lot of sense and conveys the depth of their true love:
    "You never left me."
    How lovely and serene words there!!!
    Great job vidu.
    Saras

3. vidchakra

Thanks dear saras for the quick feedback :)
    So glad you liked it... you have brought out the point I wanted to make with my story.
    True love is eternal
    Thanks dear once again

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

WOW !!!!!!!!!! Such a beautiful ending to the story !!!!!!!!!

Vid...good job dear !!!!!!!!! You have amazing writing skills....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send your stories to magazines please..!!!!!

"THE BEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN LIFE CANNOT BE SEEN OR EVEN TOUCHED. THEY MUST BE FELT WITH YOUR HEART !!!!" - Helen Keller

5. vidchakra

Thank you dear Sunitha for the lovely comments!!!
    I am so glad you liked it....

Thanks for believing in me so much.. Will surely send my stories to magazines... Let me find out how to do it :)

Wonderful quote there!!! I loved it so much... Its so very touching

6. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

hey, one more nice story ... tho' to me it seems a li'l idealistic. :)

btw, i wanted to ask you for a favor & since there was no way that i could send you a pvt. msg, i thought of writing it here. As u may know I hv an adopted son. I would like to create a story for him abt how he came to us highlighting the fact that his birth mom also did love him but decided that it wud be better for him to be with us & so on. Something that I can tell him when he is 3 or 4 maybe. (he's almost 2 now) However, i'm not much good at spinning my own stories so wud like your help. would u pls help me by writing a story for me? maybe it'll help out thousands of other adoptive parents.
    Just a thought ... I would totally understand if you are not able to take up my request.

7. RemyaSatya

RemyaSatya Bronze IL'ite

WoW.. wonderful story...
    My DH always says , "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were." and he do keep up his words when it comes to my freedom, he set me independent, and I am really proud of him...
    From this story I am able to understand the meaning of the phrase he always says, when I ask how can he be so flexible to me...

Thanks for sharing such a nice story....all your stories are really nice... Congratulations...!!!

8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful ending dear. I especially liked the last line - 'You never left me'...Very good attempt :thumbsup

9. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Lovely story vidchakra. you have beautifully shown that true love withstands all ups and downs!

10. vidchakra

Dear senzzation, First of all thanks for your honest feedback on the story!!!

You know what I held you in very high esteem now after knowing that you have adopted a kid. You are not only good hearted but also brave hearted... You need to be brave to face the society and later consequences.. Hats off to you :bowdown

I would be more than glad to write a story on this topic.. Thanks for believing in me.. Hope I dont disappoint you.. I will need some time to think about the plot. But will surely post a story on this.. Its a promise :)

BTW senz, Lord krishna also had two mothers.. And wasn't he lucky to have affection and love of Yashoda and Devaki... Your son is also lucky:thumbsup