1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ragavi111

ragavi111 New IL'ite

Hi friends i have a a lot of things to mention the only motto of Mil is to say anything which is opposite to which i say. Few incidents

I have habit of drinking water after having tea or coffee since from early age when i did this at my ILs home my MIL told that "my son doest like this habit of drinking water after coffee so u don't do". After hearing this i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

While booking flight tickets we had the flight at mid night 00:15 am. So my husband asked me the date of travel since it is after 12 i said the date is 22 May my MIL rushed from somewhere and said it is 21 May na don't u know even this and gave a good laugh at me. My DH politely explained the fact and said so only ur DIL told like this after this incident she didn't even see my face and disappeared till we booked the tickets :)

2. ragavi111

ragavi111 New IL'ite

I used to make nice pooris which puff fully my MIL do pooris like chapati one day i was doing this in the kitchen my FIL told that "DIL is doing good pooris" thats it immediately she said "My son love pooris which i make only see now he didn't had breakfast due to this". OMG my husband was sleeping didn't even got up from bed at that time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  3. ohara

ohara Gold IL'ite

lol.... happens to me all the time.

4. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Hello fellow ILites,

I am back after a lo...ng break..and I was simply going through this thread when I remembered something that happened nearly 2 years back. I was fuming back then, but today I can laugh about it. We had gone to India for just over 2 weeks. The main purpose of my visit was to see a doctor regarding infertility treatments. I had spoken to my OB/GYN before leaving, and actually timed my visit to coincide with my period. We land there on a friday, and sunday was Karthigai Deepam (festival of lights). Saturday was my husband's grand dad's death anniversary. The initial plan was for me to go to my parents' place on monday. But when we came home on saturday evening (after a long shopping trip), I realised that my period had started. My doctor had told me that I needed to get some tests done during the period. I told my husband that I would go over to my parents and get the tests going (on Sunday). When he went and told her, she was so upset. (I was too as I had been hoping to celebrate it there). She insisted that I should not go. I was not allowed to do anything, but hear her scold me !!! My mom then called to say that the doctor wanted to see me and had given an appointment. She was ok to send me but insisted that my dad call my dad-in-law to let him know... I actually had the guts to ask her if she was out of her mind, she goes 'He is ur father. He needs to know'... My husband walked into this conversation and told his mom off. She goes 'illa kondhai, appa kita solanum'. (No little one, dad has to know). He replied that it was sufficient if his dad knew basics..

After I got back, my mom-in-law insisted that I give them every iota of information about all the tests and scans I had. (She was obviously upset that her son had to undergo certain tests!!) I was quite upset for a while about all this, but now I can laugh at it ;)

Mythili