1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. JASIKA

JASIKA Bronze IL'ite

5. 4 days after our marriage, Our sister in law and her husband invited all of us out for lunch to celebrate her wedding anniversary. When all of us were leaving the restaurant, there were couple of beggars asking for money outside so they started asked my PIL's for money. Immediately, my MIL tells beggars, go ask girl wearing choora, she is from America and has dollars....OH MY GOD! just imagine if they were criminals and had a knife...i mean this woman is dumb head:bonk:bonk

And, in all the above situations i am telling you about...NO ONE SAID ANYTHING TO HER that she shouldnt say or talk like this to me...Everyone including my husband act as if nothing happened but atleast my DH said to me in private that he cant stand his mother and wonder why she is behaving such way???

2. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

:rotfl Jasika, your posts reminded me of my IL's antics during my wedding... like MIL getting upset that her son did not ask her to buy HERSELF a saree on the day we went shopping for bride/groom... and many more, dont want to recollect those bad memories.

When they came to US, MIL wore very old dailywear sarees in our home and when they went to their then unmarried daughters place, she wore the best of pattu sarees. What was she trying to show us, that she doesnt have any good sarees?? LOL

3. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

I sometimes wonder why nobody has invented IL immunity vaccine yet.

4 people like this.
  4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Education, job, self dependence and inner strength is the IL immunity vaccine but it is working slowly due to slow change in social norms.. it will work better dear by the time we will be in laws :)

5. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Good post.
    I can post many incidents here. But I cannot recollect them immediately.
    I will keep posting them as and when I remember.

But for now I will post the most precious ones.

One day I was wahing leafy vegetables. My MIL came into the kitchen and gave me a demo on how to clean it. Ok I could digest so far. Next moment she said. " This sand present on the leaves should not go into mens stomach as it would effect their health" :hide::hide::hide:

Next one.
    She taught me how to put dosa on the pan. :clap:clap:clap.

And yesterday I had taken small onions to prepare sambhar. Immediately my MIL asked " Do you know that you have to peel the skin of the onions? :spin:queen.

Great Isnt it?

6. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

good post enjoyed reading all ILs drama............

felt like sharing mine.........

when i was pregnant while walking i use to keep hand on my stomach because my SIL told that the movements of baby can be felt. My MIL told dont keep like that baby will born in curve shape (better ill put it in tamil kozhanda kone koneya porukum) wat stupid.

Mine was a emergency C-section she came to see me in hospital she started telling my daughters are never undergone c-section (i have 4 SILs) you were vomitting more so only u got C-section. because of voimitting only u gave birth to baby girl.

7. Keerthi09

Keerthi09 Silver IL'ite

HI,
    Recently my SIL's hubby fell sick .. he had some problem of piles(something related)...and my MIL went there to look after SIL's kids..so after she came back...one uncle(friend of MIL) came and asked about SIL's hubby....then MIL said...ya we thought it was a small issue...but once they entered Operation theatre they identified it as major and they had to go for a 'cesarean':drowning:confused2:(Cesarean to a man :confused2:)....i was shocked:shock:...i cudn't control...i went into bedroom:hide: and laughed like :crazy:rotfl

Actually she meant (she wanted to say) surgery.

5 people like this.
  8. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

OMG! What did he deliver?ROFL

1 person likes this.
  9. readymade

readymade Senior IL'ite

Seeing this thread, I think one or two, thousands of nasty things had happened ! what to write! I still remember one incident. My husband got transferred to another place. These nasty people came to our house telling that they 'll help me for vacating the house. We had almost moved all the house hold things in the vehicle outside. when a man came to take the t.v set, both my inlaws said, we have 2 important t.v.serials to watch. after that only, u can take the t/v set. the vehicle was waiting for more than an hour for the t.v set. These people are crazy I say! they are addicted to the serials this way!:bonk

3 people like this.
  10. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha, Readymade. Similar thing happened with us. When we were moving houses, among all the chaos, me, DH telling the movers what to put where, keeping an eye on them that they do not damage anything, my FIL kept on shouting to open the TV and install it first before anything else was done, so that he could watch his show.