1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Riches of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Promilla, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Finest Blog Winner - Second weekly pick for the month of October.

Riches of Life

“I challenge anybody in their darkest moments to write what they are grateful for, even stupid little things like green grass or a friendly conversation with somebody on the elevator, you start to realize how rich you are.’’

I realized the truth of it when I started to think of those riches which we just pass as taken for granted. Those precious moments of life which just flick and change our moods. When I sat down to remember those moments my heart was filled with joy and eyes with tears. Children and husband were away, I was all alone and how desperately I wanted to hug them and tell that they are my life and I love them for whatever they are. They fill my world with beautiful colors which were not possible without them.

Their smiles, their laughter, cry, tears, noise, shrills, innocence, smartness and dependency, their fears, their doubts everything was scattered around the house. Their little support which I felt many times, their whispers when I did not want to hear them, their untold explanations, which I never wanted to listen, their achievements, their failures, their success, which surprised me time to time …everything was around me and giving me so much warmth and vulnerability at the same time.

At times like darkest moods, hopeless laziness, and an acute headache I see them standing, worried, going to kitchen first time, and making the most delicious cup of Tea or Coffee, their soft and tiny hands caressing my head and their eyes haplessly looking at me and thinking ‘What else We can do for you Mummy?’

As I was collecting all those memories my smile was getting wider. I remember my friends who are there always, without any ‘How’ and ‘Why’ but unconditionally. No matter how much distance, what time, we always gel and erase the adversities without bothering about them. Their saying ‘I love you’ or simply ‘I know’ makes a great difference suddenly on a blue day. A sudden invasion on my solitude with right any time and a coffee or just shopping with them or sharing a book or trivial matters uplifts the mood in seconds. Sometimes only their presence without saying a word works like miracle. Do we always say a thank you? Naah….We simply feel that. We don’t need words because we really do know what is going on with each other.

My siblings on phone telling me their problems, and sharing mine and ultimately forgetting all and laughing at something which was not even in the Talk list! Gossiping, (Yesss….we do….:))about anything, remembering our days when we were kids and doing same things which our kids do now, marveling at Ma’s energy, sometimes sobbing, arguing, but finally smiling before keeping the phone down. How tough is to wipe that smile even after hours, ask me!!

Out of blue a call from long lost acquaintance or a friend opens a floodgate of childhood memories. Nostalgic journey starts down the memory lane!

Trying with all might the simple recipe which ma cooked but never getting the taste and finally calling her and ordering ‘Please cook Fish on Saturday; I am having lunch with you.’ After many such episodes it is she who calls now and tells me, ‘come I have cooked mutton Pyazwala or this or that……..’ and me slurping and cursing my other engagements tell her to keep that in freezer till my next visit. It really happens.

And above all a forgetful husband who conveniently forgets the birthdays and anniversaries, wishing a Women’s Day with red roses!! Too much!!!

Thank you God for whatever you have given me I won’t ask for more.
    (For the time being!)
    :crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy

[

2. UmaVythianathan

UmaVythianathan Bronze IL'ite

Lovely post Promilla.

You made me think about my family and friends...

Uma

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Promilla,

A lovely post indeed.... reminds us to be grateful for all the things that we take for granted. One thing that I am grateful for is my children; I know there are millions out there praying, crying, spending their entire life's savings just to have a shot at being called mom. another thing that i am grateful for is my family (DH, mom, dad, brothers, SIL) everybody, I am who I am only because of them. Like you, I wouldn't ask for more.

Enjoyed reading.

Akila

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear promilla

Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!! Loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Veryyyyyyyyyyyyy nice to read........... I really enjoyed and actually Ur post made me to think of all the happy moments that I am having wth parents, my childhood days, frenz, laughs over the phone.....

The small things that has made me 2 smile, my husband giving me tea when I am sick has the most divine taste due to his love.......

AAAAahhhhhhhhhhhh.. There are soooooooo many things that u made me recollect and nw I have a big smile on my face .............

Happy to read ur words............. Thankyou

Regards
    Preethi

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hahaha..I liked the way you have ended it "for the time being"..:). But honestly a very sweet blog. We tend to lose sight of all the things that we have. A friend of mine keeps going through this "I feel depressed. I have not achieved anything in life. Look at her/look at my cousin etc etc.." phase very so often. I told her one day to stop saying it and asked her to sit down for a few minutes and write down every little bit of things that she has achieved so far and every little bit of things she has not yet achieved and see which list is longer. I think she got the point and said that she will do it sometime maybe :). And if there is somethng that she really wants to achieve then stop talking about it and do something about it. This applies for all of us. What we have is precious and let us thank the Almighty for what we have. Thank you for the reminder.

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

very meaningful and as K2S said, thank you for the reminder!

Excellent narration.

8. jayamohata

jayamohata New IL'ite

Dear Promilla...
    just speechless...i m having tears in my eyes n smile on my face at a same time....thank you for reminding me my whole beautiful life....

9. jyothigandham

jyothigandham New IL'ite

Its a very very happy post..it filled my heart with love and appreciation for the moments in life...thank you so much for all the love you are spreadint through your blog...

10. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much dear Team IL for choosing my blog as the Finest Blog Winner - Second weekly pick for the month of October!! I am really honored.
    Credit goes to all my dear friends who read and comment and make very effort worthwhile.
    Thanks a million!!!!