1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rich Becoming Richer – I Am Sick Of Reading These News Items

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HRShenoy, Jan 24, 2018.

1. HRShenoy

HRShenoy Senior IL'ite

Rich becoming richer – I am sick of reading these news items

I am rich to the extent that I have enough for food, shelter, clothing, enough bank balance for future needs and unforeseen expenses. I have extra few rupees to give to deserving charities too.

I do not want to be richer - even if somebody wants to give me a crore of rupees.

I do not grudge others being rich, including billionaires.

Take the example of Ambanis who are always in the news for being the richest in India.

They have created millions of jobs. Joblessness is one of the scourges of society. Those jobless become stone throwers, militants and opposiers of films they have not seen.

Take the case of his mansion. He created demand for steel, cement, paint, furnishings, etc. When he throws parties, he creates demand for liquor among other things. Breweries employ people too.

He owns cars. He creates demand for car industry, petrol industry, service industry.

For heaven’s sake, stop complaining about others being rich.

Some of them have even sold their souls to reach there. Do you want to be a Subrato Roy, Lalu Yadav, Vijay Mallya? See the price they have paid for being where they are.

Are you willing to pay that price? I am not and I do not want to be in their shoes.

Many of them pop in pills more than food? I have seen some of them doing it. The only time they sleep is when they are in meetings – with subordinates. I have heard of these people too. Even MPs sleep in the Parliament. Do you want to be there?

Be happy man (and woman) wherever you are, whatever you are?

Unless you are seriously or terminally ill, there is always a better tomorrow.

Count your blessings. I do.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

That was a wonderful write up. The whole issue of riches being flashed on the face , is due to all media fanfare over this. Otherwise, i think most people are not worried about other's riches. Take for eg: the Big fat indian weddings as they are called and similar such celebrations. The rich have reached there either due to their own hard work or family backings or have been plain lucky! As u say, there is nothing to envy , as only the concerned are aware of their circumstances and issues. All one should ideally aim for is a peaceful life - and that has different conotations for different people!

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Interesting perspective of life. Keeping up with Jones is what many want to do. Not contented with what they have. Contentment is the keyword.
    Yes, there is always a better tomorrow. Hope is the anchor line for many, why many, almost everyone. That keeps the world going.
    Good one.
    Syamala