1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

rhythm on the move

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by honeybee, May 14, 2012.

1. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

In vibration, it is music to ears,gives a royal charming look to the ankles.Yes..I am referring to the most sought after ornament.. anklets.Who can resist them?:)

I love anklets and my favourite kolusu is a universal favourite too.For a kid the preference is- anklets with tiny bells on them that make a loud noise depending on the activity: walking or running to simply tapping on the floor.
    for adults: simple ones not too jazzy,yet emitting a mild tingling pleasant sound .

Wanted to share some interesting anklet moments with you

As a new bride I began my life in the US.I had an indian neighbour with a 3 yr old daughter named Aishwarya.I got myself formally introduced and we used to exchange smiles& enquiries when we met in the lobby.After a month when I was having a short afternoon nap there was a loud knock on the door. It was aishwarya with her mom.. her mom apologised profusely for the disturbance and told me that her daughter insisted on having her lunch at my place that
    day,because she had not seen me for about 10 days and she missed my anklets..The kid was impressed by my anklets and she loved it. She was seeing it for the first time.She never could get my name right.. so I was her "paayal aunty".
    My Anklets gave me a new identity.

On another occassion an American kid at the mall was giving me peculiar looks and kept staring at my feet.As I began moving away she followed my footsteps amused by the anklet sound.Then I showed it to her and explained. She was so smitten that she promptly wanted her mom to get her a pair.

Back home..My maid has the best pair of anklets I have ever seen. She proudly told me that she had saved her previous year's deepavali bonus to buy herself a new pair of broad anklets.But whenever she lands up wearing her new anklets to work.. it's a warning bell that she's going to stay away for the next 4 days.She wears them only for occassions and functions.

My 2 year old nephew threw up a tantrum last week insisting on anklets for himself.. just like his sister's.He has realised that his squeaking,whistling shoes are no match to the musical sound of anklets.An added advantage with anklets on toddlers is: it serves as a FOOLPROOF TODDLER MONITOR.(Elder sister of baby monitor LOL).
    So where are you heading to after reading this blog? I hope to search for your pair safely seated in the closet?

regards
    honeybee

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to BLog space hoenybee.

Nice writeup about your anklets and your memories of it.

I do have 2 sets, but i rarely wear it. My mom often rants about not wearing them, for sure she will like you for this write-up.

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow...I have never seen a post dedicated to anklets.

I rarely wear anklets. The last time I wore it, wad during my wedding. But now I enjoy seeing anklets on my 10 month old daughter. It is super cute. Yes, it is a wonderful bab monitor.

4. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi pallavi
    Thanks a lot for your welcome.Your FB is extra special to me..first comment for my first blog.:thumbsup
    May be you should pay your mom a surprise visit with your anklets on.:idea

regards
    honeybee

5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi Ramya
    Thanks for dropping in.:)
    Anklets craze does fade away with time for elders,but we all love to see and hear them on LO's.Iam glad you are enjoying your DD's anklet rhythms.
    Wishing you and your LO many more pleasant anklet days ahead.:2thumbsup:

regards
    Honeybee

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Nice writeup..Here thay have amazing designs but single piece..for only one leg :)

7. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi nihasvin
    Thanks for your like.That's interesting news.Anklets for one leg..:spin
    A few years back it was hot fashion here in India too.College girls preferred to wear anklet on one leg when they wore jeans.
    Not aware of the current trends though.

regards
    honeybee

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Honeybee,

It is a nice write up about the anklet. Every one acknowledged that they have anklets. I am being a man, I can only acknowledge that the sound of anklet always make me feel happy. Nowadays, it has become an ankle wear for the girl children. A girl child running towards a mother with open arms is what I always visualize when I hear the anklet sound.

Viswa

9. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Viswa sir
    That's a very interesting and realistic visualisation.Thank you for responding to this blog.Men are most welcome to appreciate anklets.:)

regards
    honeybee