1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rhythm Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sapthu02, Jun 11, 2018.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Hello Everyone..

I am back with my 4th story.

Please read the story and share your valuable feedback.

Episode 1

"I guess that’s all it was. It had to end and had to somehow. If not me. It would have happened. I just expect some kind of comfort zone. I need to forget her. I don't know why, how .. but should say some how. I need to get rid of these thoughts. I cannot be the same and kill my life. My love for her will kill my Ruchi".

Vinay tossed and turned on his bed. It was almost 3 am and he didn’t try to close his eyelids to get some sleep. He was wondering to understand a way out of his love and life. That was something he could'nt come to a conclusion. Vinay had never felt this before. He decided to leave her and forget her. Now meeting her again was a disaster. He was never like this before. Life was smooth until he met Ruchi again. Things looks like it started all over again. His love for her had and has never faded. She wanted to leave him and he did give that space. Now she was not sure if she did the right thing. Why did she come back after 11 long years??? And Vinay is married for 7 years now.. and after 7 years is she trying to create an issue??

Vinay didnt want to confuse himself. He didn't know the reason for her arrival. What does she want now? What does he gotta do with her? He is legally married and supposed to be a loyal Husband to Suja. He was sure what she did was right at that point of time. What Vinay wanted was her to be happy where ever she was and if that was her decision, he did stand by that.

For everyone life is not a cake walk. Every time when you tend to look at it or visualize it would be the greener side. But its always greener on the other side and you get to know that when you start living it.

Ruchi, did the right thing. Waiting for Vinay to take a decision in his life seemed impossible. He failed to gain her trust and her patience was not answered. He had hurted her. He has called her names. It was his mistake that she is no more in his life. He could get out of the regrets. Until now Vinay regretted of losing her but was happy to imagine and see to her happy until her re-entry which was like a blast that Vinay couldn't withstand. The guilt started to kill him. What he had done to Ruchi is something that cannot be accepted. Is she looking for a life with him again.. a question mark.

Vinay was the person like what he is now. He was born with a diamond spoon. His mom being a politician, funds, finance and luxury was on its heights. His dad was a vet doctor. He was the first son in the family followed by his twin brother Vijay and second brother Ajay.

The family of 5 was not only good at riches but also the happiness were in no bounds.

Mangala, Vinay's mother was always a bubbly lady. She was influenced by her family and parents to get into politics where they not only made money but also the name and fame. She was from the same family blood. Pratap, Vinay's father was a simple man. He lived his life earning from his proffession and never a part of what Mangala was into. The chemistry between the couple was too good that the female dominent family was just awesome with peace for both the kids and the husband.

Apart from Politics Mangala was very great cook and a home maker. Unlike others she was a double degree holder before she got into Politics and as an educated women she knew what and when to do things for the right.

She stood for the right and did the right thing. She didnt have to make money as it was in heaps and its just a family chain that she followed as proffession.

Managala was later married to her paternal side groom Pratap. Pratap was from a family with simplicity. Not that he was born with riches or with a family history for making money. He and his family struggled until he could see himself as a doctor, that too as a vet doctor. Due to his character and simplicity, Managala's father decided to get her married to Pratap. And which indeed worked out well as at home she was a perfect wife where there was nothing that Pratap could complain about.

Mangala was in mid 40's. She was a very bold and outspoken lady. Threatening or bribing her was never in anyones dreams. She knew her limitations and she knew where to draw the line.

Pratap and Mangala was blessed with two boys first. They named them Vinay and Vijay. Being identical twins,the kids were very much similar except for Vinay got dimples on his cheeks and cat eyes. From the voice to the character was the same. Vinay was highly short tempered from his child hood and Vijay was always a calm and soft spoken person.

Life completely changed for Mangala after Pratap's sudden death. She was left in darkness. She did have riches and people to take care of her three kids but that was not at all enough. A dad was missing. The man of the house was missing. As equal to Mangala Vinay was broken down. He was in his teens when this happened. He was always close with his father than his mom. He felt that he was left alone. He never wanted to be there in the same house.

Vinay character completely changed. He was in silence. He hardly came out of his room. Mangala had the same kind of loss as Vinay. But, to ensure that Vinay was out of his sudden shock of losing his father who had been his inspiration Mangala became assertive.

She started treating Vinay with extra care. More than the other two children Vinay was more expected and pampered. Managala now knew that she had additional responsibilities like a father too for her kids. She was alone to handle things on her own. But she knew that she had to. She started learning to live her life with lonliness without her husband and how to tackle kids on her own which was another added responsibility.

Soon Managala decided to send Vinay to her brother's house in France. VInay first hesitated but the convincing factor from Mangala was too good that Vinay didnt think twice. He did leave. He was there in France for about three years and he returned back to India. He was 18 years by then. This is when Managala wanted to decide what Vinay have to study and what would be his career. She sat with him and asked him about his interests.

Vinay was very strong in what he wanted. Managala was convinced. He was interested in computers and anything and everything about that. Where in Vijay wanted to work and study administration.

Managala ensured that Vinay was sent to college to do his BSc IT and Vijay to do his BBM.

Life was not the same after Vinay returned back to India. He was trying to get accustomed with the weather, people and language in his home town Chennai. He lived here before but France life had changed it all. He was surrounded by lots of French and that was his importance. He now had to unlearn and relearn everything. That was little tricky. His language and accent was not just the same.

Not that everyone was perfect. Mangala had a weakness. She wanted attention and fame. That was always there for any politician. And Managala was not an exception. Vijay was a different person all together. He was never involved in anything.

Vijay waits with patience, notices and then makes friends with people with whom he feels he could get along. Where in Vinay makes friends with all and then he ensures he would select the best for a friendship. So when it comes to a girlfriend too Vinay is nothing new. He had dated atleast half a dozen of girls over a week to decide with whom he wanted to spend his weekend.

Vinay was never a strong person in a relationship. He never fell for anyone. Nothing attracted him. His lifestyle got him close to many girls and he got them without any efforts. He knew how and where to draw a line. When it comes to dating he was sure that he was not intimate at all as he wanted a girl of his own always and he felt for every girl that she was not the one.

He had a feeling that if there is going to be girl in his life then that would be like a dream. He had dated with so many of them that he concluded that all was like this..... so life was like a play thing. He was too young to get committed and Mangala was never going to let him chose his life what so ever!!

Vijay on the other hand had his life on his own. He chose, he lived and liked his own way. He did listen to his mother but nothing went against his wish.

Mangala was always attached more towards Vinay and Ajay. Needless to say that Ajay was a typical mamma boy.

Thats when Vinay was taking charge of one work, that is, to drop Ajay to his school on his way to the college. That was irritating at first but not after there was an acquaintance with Ruchi. !!!!!

muggs, peddadas and sreeram like this.

2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sapthu02,

Welcome back to stories forum.... The title did bring me to this thread. Good start and the story line is interesting.

Waiting to read more. All the best.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Sreeram

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for taking time to giving us a story @sapthu02 .

This is a super start ...Curious to know the next..cannot say anything now..

5. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode 2

The meet between Ruchi and Vinay was unexpected. That was the day when Ajay was not keeping well. Vinay had taken him to the hospital and dropped him home. It was Ajay's 12th Public exam time that he feel ill. He didn’t feel good that time. "Anna can you please collect the portions and notes from my class mate Rahul?? I lost his number and never bothered to make a note of it either", that was Ajay to Vinay.

Vinay never liked to do these things. " Why don’t u ask Vj to get these for you? And more over you know that I don’t like to do these things." But Ajay knew what he wanted to say, "Anna please. You go to college that way. Just ensure you carry the notes for me thats it. Its so easy. Don’t forget to ask for Rahul. Else if at all he is not present ask for Ruchi."

Vinay winked, lifted his eyebrows, " Ruchi, isn't that a pickle name?. Sad people. Hmm will do that." He was no mood to even go to Ajay’s school but that name gave him the interest to do so. Hmm, let me try and see who that girl is.. nothing new.. , Vinay thought.

He left. But that there was an advantage for Aj as his college was nearby his school and that was not a different route. So Vinay had to do this.

He went to the school and parked his bike. He got down and was thinking whom should he now ask for Rahul / Ruchi. The second name sounded nice and of course a girl's name. And why not give a try. He met a girl near the parking lot and asked for Ruchi from 12th Grade science group.

After a few minutes, he saw Ruchi walking by. He was wondering was she walking towards her or was that towards the gate. It was the end of the school time and he didnt want to assume things. She did walk to him and handed over a book. Vinay gave a dry look.

"Did Aj send you here? He would have asked for these things. Could you please take a photo copy and return these to me as I need this today to refer?", finished Ruchi.

Vinay...was struck. " Who are you by the way? Anyways what ever you said was right. I cannot take a photo copy. If you want you can take and give them while I pick up a smoke?"

"Do you smoke?", asked Ruchi, Suprised.

" Yes, Why not! I can and I will My wish! Whats so suprising about that. Men do smoke."

"Yes, but Aj....", Vinay cut her short.

"Yes Aj doesn't. And if you know my other brother he doenst either. I do."

"Ok. Your wish. Can I write this page and give it you. The Xerox machine is out of order here. So I thought you would take a copy from outside. If you could wait, I can do that in 5 mins."

"ok.. Fast!!"

Ruchi felt funny. She knew she was doing some favour. And this guy was ordering her. She was a simple calm person. She didnt want to talk. She just started copying the page.

Vinay looked at her. she was wearing a pony tail. She had a long black thick hair. He was always fond of that. He found that her handwriting was so clear and neat. Her lids held the lashes which moved waving and her lustrous hair flying in the breeze swayed across her face.

She held her hair on one hand, pushed it away and she squat to pick her dropped pen. As she got up she noticed Vinay gazing at her. She adjusted her pinafore and and stared at his eyes. She could feel the glitter on his eyes and that was for real she could sense some kind of sensation and that was tickling her mind and soul. She smiled at him and he turned his face away.

That was little annoying though yet Ruchi could feel the slight breeze in her heart. She handed over the paper to him and said, " now here it is. And inform Aj that he has to come prepared tomorrow on Physics... I'm making a move!".

Vinay just nodded. He didnt speak. She was just another usual girl. There was nothing different about her. He had and has seen enough of them. And comparativetely she was not beautiful. She was not mind blowing and she was not that tempting to feel that she was the right one to date. But, in short of words to explain, there is some thing unusual about her. He could feel the heat. The few mins of the silence after she left was making him dizzy.

He did feel, " I am getting floored, I am attacked.. ".

He couldn't catch any sleep that night. That was not Ruchi. Not that her thoughts and her figure daunted him. Not that he loved the silence. He felt that sudden urge for a perfect match. He needed a girl. Not to satisfy the bodily pleasures. But to satisfy the missing motherly love from his life.

Aj could sense something different about Vinay. He was never a guy of this kind. He never tossed and turned in bed. He was never restless. He was clear in his thoughts. He was never confused.

Vijay on the other hand was steadily going around with a girl. Vaishnavi. AS the name indicates, she was one of that kind. There is a tamil saying that says " Jaadi ku etha Moodi" , which means that its a perfect plate for the jar.

Vijay and Vaishnavi looked like made for each other. Other than Vinay none ever came to know about their affair.

Vaishnavi (Vaishu) was born as a n only daughter to her parents. Soon after her parents expired in an accident while she was young she was left in an Orphanage under the care of the church Mother, who was her Guardian. Vijay was a regular visitor of that Church who happened to see this girl in the prayer hall and helping the other kids. But, slowly his visits frequented and he fell in love iwth her. Soon later she was also the victim of love. Vj know the fact that his mother will definetely tell him a big NO for their affair. Its too early to even think about that. Vj is sure of what he wanted to do and how to stand by Vaishu to get his things done from his mother.

Ajay was never interested in all these things. He was a book worm. And Vinay had his own way of doing things. There were no complaints against him what so ever. So this days attitude and behaviour was little confusing for Aj.

He didnt want to ask Vinay directly. But he know that the bridge between the brothers is Vijay. Vijay gets along wel with both his brothers. But, Aj and Vinay are two different pillars. Never bothered about each other attitude. And I dont care philosophy between them.

Vijay was now left to get things sorted from Vinay. He knew Vinay was drunk. He was smoking in the terrace. There was none at home other than these three and the servant who takes care of the cooking and cleaning.

Vijay walked to Vinay, "Vini, do you want to share anything?".

"No, nothing. I am confused. "

"If I could help you, what isit?".

" I am feeling left out Vj. We have everything in this house and outside. But, aren't we lacking love and peace. We didnt feel the same when Dad was alive right?"

Vj Nodded. "But, Amma is way to involved in her own life and things that she is doing from our childhood. There is none at home to ask even if we wanna eat?"

Vj got the point. He too felt the same kind of feeling before he met Vaishu. He lost himself in his thoughts. After Vinay left to France, his Mom was very busy in her own work. All things financially were taken care. There was some thing missing in the house called LOVE. That was lacking. That was missing. That was lost. The interest to come home was not there. There was none at home. No one to talk to. There were gadgets all over. Vj had limited friends. How long can he hang around too?

At that point he had been to the nearest Church with his friend. Being a Hindu by birth he had never stepped inside a Church for any reason. But this Church was different.

It had many other things. They had cultural activities. It had volunteers. It had orphaned kids. There were so many of them who came to see them and play with them.

Vj first went there on compulsion. Later he felt that spending time with those old people and kids made him feel good. He started getting them gifts and goodies. He started sponsering them food and clothing.

But that was the time the Church Mother asked Vj for a help to make Vaishu study. She was a very good student. She was orphaned at the age of 8. She needed some one to sponsor for her school studies. She was a very bright student. That 30 thousand was nothing for Vj. In fact he had been regular and had earned the confidence that with full faith she did come and ask for help.

Vj didnt deny and within few days he did arrange for the same and ensured that everything was paid and her studies was taken care. This due course of time Vaishu and Vj had met many times and the Mother did notice their love for each other.

She took a promise from Vj and he did give word that some day he will ensure that he will take her hand. No matter his mother agrees or not. His priority is Vaishu. He did find that missing love from her. he spent most of his time in the Church and he felt happy in what he was doing. and this was not the right time to make his mother aware of their love as he was in the place of a sponserer for Vaishu's education which he can never compramise on.

May be today, Vinay is feeling the same. He has everythig yet feeling lonely. Was he in search of any love? Was he affected by something? That was something he never revealed and Vinay was not in a position to talk.

Vinay was silent. Vj watched him while he smoked the entire packet. He was drunk. There was no point in talking to him. He walked for sometime and later sat on the wall. Later, without a word he walked downstairs. He went to his room and locked himself inside.

Vj saw him this way after a very long time. The first time when his Dad expired. Vinay went with completed silence and depressed. Vj wanted to talk to his mother about this. That will not help. She will speak logic., She will convince what she earns is for them and thats why she was able to provide everything thats required.

Vinay woke up the next day. It was already late to College. He called Ajay's name twice. He didnt hear anyones voice. He searched the entire house. When he enquired the security he said Vj took Aj to school. He rushed to Aj school even without getting ready.

When he entered the school all he could see was Aj and Vj talking to Ruchi. She was smiling. They were talking and he didnt want to interupt.

He stood there for a minute and without a word he moved away from there. He was getting sensitive. He could feel that.

But can a glance with a girl can change lives and feelings? He was not sure.

It the late night and as usual the three brothers gathered for dinner. It was Vinay favourite meal. Briyani was cooked with meat and chicken fry.

He couldn't relish that. Vj understood the face expressions. He started the conversation with Aj about Ruchi. He looked at Vinay and his face lit up.

"Anna, Ruchi is a very good girl. She is very talkative in the class. All the teachers like her. She is not that smart in studies but was a perfectionist in her homework and notes.

She lost her mom while she was a child and her dad remarried again. She lives with her Step mom and half sister and Dad.

She is a bubbly girl but, its like us.. she is not able to feel her father's love that she craves for. She craves for love. And when someone just cares for her she can do anything. She is a nice girl."

Vj just nodded. He knew this topic was important. He had a feeling that may be Vinay would be interested in that girl. He wanted to see her today. He didnt feel anything special about her but may be Vinay did. And Vj was not even sure if that was the reason why did Vinay react the way yesterday.

But Vinay did pay some attention. Vj felt that the try didn’t let him down.

muggs and Rampuri9 like this.
  6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hey very good start and two episodes... I likee the story very much and characters depicted very well. Eagerly waiting for next part.

7. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

8. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

hi sapthu - nice start :) looking fwd ..

9. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

thank you all...

10. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode 3

For next two weeks everything was as usual. It was just the normal routine between for Aj and Vinay. And in between Aj did have his leaves for exam preparation. And after about 10 days of study holidays, it was almost the day where he was called to attend his public exam. The main exam that would decide on Aj's future studies.

Vinay and Vj concentrated a lot on AJ. They didnt leave him alone. Helped him a lot to prepare. The last day of the exam and and Vinay desperately wanted to go to the school. He was not sure if he could meet Ruchi this day. But if he didnt he will not meet her again.. If fate prevails.. he didnt have a clue.

Ruchi was there. The bubbly girl. She was there. Vinay felt the breeze when she was around. He felt that he could breathe easy. He wanted to know if she could experience the same feelings in common. That was just his feeling may be that he was over reacting. They didnt even know much about each other. He didnt understand why was he clinging on with her.

Vinay's close friend Syed was running a business. It was called Care Cards. It is in the same area where Ruchi lived.

Care cards was into a helping service where once registered, one can aid help to pay the bills for home and company services. Luckily his friend Syed was Ruchi's one good friend. After a long follow up Vinay found these information.

He voluntarily went ahead and forced Syed to add him as a partner in his Business. Ruchi was all at home in her 3 months leave and she joined typing classes as well as joined ORIFLAME to earn some money as a part time.

She visited Syed one day to talk about the Oriflame and to get ideas of how to market the products. On knowing that Vinay regularly visited Care Cards. This made Ruchi and Vinay communicate with each other.

He promised Ruchi that he will buy products for the worth where she can meet her monthly targets also make some money. That was on one condition that he wanted Ruchi to get him introduced with a girl first.

Ruchi had so many friends. On saything this to her friend Priya, who was interested in making new boy friends, she agreed to meet Vinay.

Ruchi had so many friends. On saything this to her friend Priya, who was interested in making new boy friends, she agreed to meet Vinay.

The next day as usual in the evening as Ruchi was getting ready to meet new people for the business, she went to pick up Priya. Priya was ready and she was dressed like a bomb.

Ruchi took Priya in her scooty.

Vinay was waiting there restlessly. After meeting Priya, the three went out to have coffee. Ruchi was just normal and she could see that Priya and Vinay were flirting big time. She was not interested in that and she wanted to leave the place. Vinay forced her to stay where in Priya was Ok for Ruchi to leave.

Same thing continued for few days when Vinay called Ruchi asking her to get Priya to meet him. And Priya was not liking this. Yet, Ruchi was just not happy about this idea. She didnt want to be some one in between. She was feeling being utilised. Yet, she decided, to avoid Vinay. She never answered his calls and never went to meet him. Neither she did call to Priya as well.

In few days Priya met Ruchi and said that she felt that Vinay was the right person. He was interested in her for a date and intimacy and not for any kind of friendship. She shouted and created a scene in Ruchi's home and she left.

Ruchi was helpless. She was not being questioned, but, her step mother advised her not to do anything like this again. Ruchi felt so cheap about her self.

That was a sunday. Ruchi's dad was at home. She didnt have any idea to go outside. In a few days time she knew her public results would be out and she should be ready to look out for a college.

Vinay called in many times and she never answered. Ruchi's family was pretty ok if a guy calls as she did have boy friends in classes and outside too. Many of them come home and they stay back for a movie for a time pass too. So nothing went serious until Vinay came home the first time.

That was the same Sunday when Vinay entered Ruchi's home. And got himself introduced to everyone. Later he beckoned Ruchi to meet him alone. She spoke to him in front of others. She could notice he was not the same. His face was looking dull. He was tired. He was not the same as before. He was looking depressed. Why should she bother about all these now. He wanted a girlfriend. And he was so cheap to talk to her that way and what does he have got to do with her now?

"What do you want now Vinay? Another girlfriend? .. ?", before Ruchi could complete he gave her a tight slap!!

"I need you!! I need you Ruchi! Didnt you feel the love that I had on you? Didnt you feel jealous and left out when I spent time with Priya? I wanted you there thats all. Priya was a added masala. I need you Ruchi! I feel so incomplete. I feel so down!".

He sat down on his bike and tears rolled out of his eyes! Ruchi was puzzled. What was Vinay saying? Was he true in what he told. Yes, she did feel bad when she saw him with Priya, but, she knew she was not the one to stand in front of him for anything. Not in riches, looks and communication. He was top of all. He was just some one whom she can never think of having!

He lifted his head. He looked at her. " Ruchi, will you be with me my life long? I promise I can keep you happy! I will ensure that you get all the love you want! Can you also give me the same?"

Ruchi had no answers. She nodded. She answered," Vinay. I am sorry if I am teh cause of what you are going through now. I knew that I made a mistake in some way that you got this kind of a feeling. I crave for love, yes! But I am not sure if I can handle a person like you in my life! You are....", befire she could complete..." you dont have to say anything Ruchi. I need you! NO matter what. All I want to hear is an Yes! Thats it... WHen can you tell me that?"

"I can tell my answer in a weeks time. May be. Until then....."

VInay interrupted again, " Until then there will not be any kind of disturbance from my end!"

He sat on his bike, he rode off, flew like a wind in his Yamaha!

Ruchi stood still! Unable to move! Unable to decide! She doesn’t even know him! How then?

She didn’t want to give a false promise and also didn’t want to make a bad choice!!

creativemumma and Rampuri9 like this.