Rhesus Negative Blood Group in Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sonu_627, Feb 10, 2006.

1. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy doubts on Rh-ve

HI

Rh +ve or -ve refers to the presence or absence of RH D antigen or factor. When the woman is Rh +ve then there is no issues regardless of the RH status of the man. So no worries there.

When the woman is Rh -ve and the man is Rh +ve then a situation arises where she may produce antibodies which does not affect the first baby but will affect the second baby. In such a case the woman is administered rhogam injection at 28 weeks and immediately after birth.

CHeers
    Deepa

1 person likes this.
  2. jyothijyothi

jyothijyothi New IL'ite

antibody screening negative

Hi friends

I am 15 week pregant and i got my blood test done for
    Antidodies (Rh D) and haemoglobin count. I got result saying my antibody screening (Rh D)is negative and haemoglobin is slightly less. I am worried, i searched in google and bit confused. so is anybody who faced this problem can help me plsss

reply is very much appreciated

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  3. jyothijyothi

jyothijyothi New IL'ite

my blood test for antibody screening ie RHD is negative. I am confused and i am 15 week pregant. Pls advice me

4. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Jyothi

Is your husband RH +ve , is this your first baby, does your doc know you are -ve.

You will be required to take take anti D shots once in pregnancy around 28 weeks and one after delivery.

As long as it is taken care of there are no worries. Discuss it with your doctor.

Look up this link

Rh factor in pregnancy: When is it a problem? - MayoClinic.com

Deepa

5. miyer

miyer Senior IL'ite

ICT Test for Rh -ve Mother

Hi All, I am Rh -ve and my dh is Rh +ve. I am in my 9th week of pregnancy and have been asked to take the ICT test. When should I take this test? Is there any specific week when I should be taking this test? Thanks M!

6. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

Re: ICT Test for Rh -ve Mother

Congrats for your pregnancy. Drs mights have told you when to take the test. As per my knowledge one who has Rh-ve, they will give you treatment ( nothing but injection) at the time of 28-29th week. When you have next visit confirm with your doctor.

7. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

I am RH-ve and 19 weeks pregnant. I am curious to know if this test ICT is mandatory. My Ob has advised any such tests but said that at 28weeks I 'll be given an RH immune globulin shot.

Deepa

8. miyer

miyer Senior IL'ite

Hi DeepaNair..
    generally they ask you to take the ICT test if you are Rh-ve and your husband is rh+. If you are Rh-ve, the dr. will give you a Rhogam shot around 28 weeks to protect your future pregnancies. I have an appt scheduled later this month and will check with my gynec if ICT is mandatory and pass on my dr.'s answers to you.

:)
    M

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  9. PavithraSridhar

PavithraSridhar New IL'ite

Hi All,

I m 26 weeks pregnant and Rh-ve. My doc advised me to take ICT test in 28 weeks of pregnancy. She also told me that i should take the injection during 28 weeks of my pregnancy... Can someone tell me what exactly is this test all about?? Is it something to do with baby's blood group?

- Pavithra.

10. miyer

miyer Senior IL'ite

Hi Pavithra,
    The ICT test is taken to see if the mother has the antibodies in response to the baby's Rh factor being +ve for an Rh -ve mother. They give you a rhogam shot in the 28th week of pregnancy to protect your future pregnancies. This is what my dr told me during my last visit..
    anyways I am due for a u/s end of this month and will ask the dr for more details and share it with you....

:)
    M

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010