1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

REWIND life…would you?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

If there was a rewind button for life, would you press it?Come on let’s not be politically right and give those typical answers given for beauty pageants “no, I have a perfect life or I love life with all its imperfections etc. etc etc..”For instance when somebody asks you this question on the ramp “If given an opportunity tell me of one physical attribute you would like to change about yourself?” if you desire the crown you are supposed to answer “I would prefer to be just made like this…blah…blah”: for, to say that you want to change something would mean that you are under-confident about your personality…(((.huh…??? )))…and on one occasion I saw the winner being crowned and take home a huge prize money; the next week when I met her downtown, I saw her wearing a nice set of permanent braces, most probably using the prize money!!! Wish the judges could see that!
    Fortunately for me I never got that question or my list would be elaborate, longer legs (ha…ha), blonde hair, blue eyes, chubby cheeks, dimpled chin, rosy lips…………..the judges would have to take leave and come back the next day to see my list complete.
    So, let’s get back to the topic, imagine we had this special remote with which we could go back in time to start again from a certain point; how many of us would do that? ??? I guess more than a few of us! When I was a child, I had my own views of how life for me would be and how I would fit into life. But as you all know, life takes various twists and turns at times plunging you to utter darkness or landing you in the middle of the brightest sunshine((( the day you chose not to carry your umbrella)))!!!
    For me in general it will be a BIG NO:shhh: for most of the events in life; since by and large I’m happy with most of the occurrences in my life until now. But again I am a human being; when I look back I think of a few things that I would like to change here and there!
    I would like to erase that boy Adithya, who came into my life on that monotonous day. He was a newcomer; the sparkle in his eyes stirred my belly. I fell prey to his mischievous looks; we ate raw mangoes together in the boys toilet. We were caught red-handed, :bang this scandal would have been blown out of proportion had we not been in grade 2.
    I wish I had never met Professor Sharma, his striking good-looks and boyish charm gave me many sleepless nights. We had a strong love affair exactly like in the Mills and Boons:idea; except that he didn’t even know that I existed, so I was the only active participant. He broke my heart to a million pieces, I brooded and lamented; providential this happened in Gr. 11, I was just 16 years and has enough and more time to recuperate.
    I would like to re-do my marriage, don’t get ideas :notthatway:the groom would be the same. The settings, attire, guests, food all would be exactly the same. I just would do it without the videographer who stalked me during the entire event…God…he was a professional stalker:help. He made me laugh, dance, run, walk, fly until I felt like a total buffoon! He dictated when I would sit, stand, eat and even hold my DH’s hand. I was so petrified that he might choose to follow me to the bedroom to document the first night :kiss!
    I would buy pots of gold and acres of land…..my short cut to being a millionaire. I would warn Vijay Malya to be wary of those pretty models parasites. Would cable Sadam and Osama to live as better humans and not to invite the wrath of U.S. :hide:, which could have evaded a lot of bloodshed and pain. But then who would listen to me? Would have advised Saif not to abandon his long time wife and teenage children for Kareena….and to Angelina Jolie to stop her adoption mania, and to hire proper servants to get her work done! With this eternal question, I give you a chance this New yr. season to go back in your timeline and change whatever you need. :coffee
    MEGALIFE

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

Similar Threads
    1. Scorpio707
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. jananb4u
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. iyerviji
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Mega,
    You are one idea pot!
    Of course the answer to your question would be one big yes on what will have to wait!

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mega
    Interesting post, enjoyed reading it. It is not that I am not happy with what I have at present, but if I am given this opportunity I will never leave this at any cost...hehehe
    Now the question here will be what you like to be right......
    I would love to the real Queenie not just the virtual queenie :)that I am here in IL at present....hehehehe
    And boss over everyone have hundreds of servants around me and enjoy the luxiurious life. I would like to be those tall and sexy females( ya not showing off everything):) and see to it poverty goes off from my kingdom, and see to it there is no fights around and make it a point that everybody lives happily, loving and caring each other.
    Destroy the terrorism in my kingdom, and see to it everyone grows more treees. And fill the place with cheerfulness and happiness around.:coffee

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Janani
    I can't wait...plzzzz vomit it out...thats what this thread was meant for; to rewind and unwind our hidden fantasies. Awaiting your vomit!
    Mega

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Now I really want to get that rewind button, if Aruna is the queen, I will get to be atleast her Prime minister....that would be very satisfying!...well showing off everything will I suppose remain our fantasy always, even with the rewind button I doubt if people like us will have the guts even to ask for that, those luxuries are for a privileged few huh?
    Mega

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Ok here iam to tell you what the rewind button would be used for::::::::::::::

Better scores in 10th and 12th, better note that!

No way would I want to trade my degrees so they remain untouched!

Good make up and less tension on my wedding! I was so tense that my friends had to coax me to smile, then it all fell into place!

More quality time with DH! Initail years just flew by!

Less anger on the kids on their growing years, not that they are really grown up now , are we??

Thanks you not verbally though to my parents! I dont think how much I do it is never really enough!

That is it for now! Maybe will peep in with more later!

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega,

Regqrdiung Aqngelina Jolie, well i am surprised she likes kids so much. But they beleive that nanaies will take of this mun dane job. it gets her good pub;licity. Do u know she hates her father, john Voight who i used to love as a kid, seen him in some wonderfyl movies.

So u want blond hair and long legs eh ! Well if u had that, i am sure yr husband would have been most unhappy with his friends popping in , with excueses to meet his pretty wife, not hat u are not pretty now.HAHA

Eating mangoes in kiddies toilet, eh , and that too with a boy !!!HAHA

Regarding me, i am happy the way i am, at the wya life has turned out for me, this writing has brought me so much recognition, and friends, life could not have been better. So why change eh !

Superb one, just loved it.

Regards

kamal

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear I did notice this thread when I logged in. I was just thinking that its a long time I have not seen a thread from you and was going to pm you and just then the net went off. Glad to see your thread and will come back later with my fb.

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi janani
    That was cute,and oh yeah ; even I would fire the beautician who made me deck like a Xmas tree for my wedding. I never look at my wedding album( I look so painted)'and I fear ridicule from my little gal....she might call me an adivasi or something.
    Thanks for coming back with ur bit.
    Mega

10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear kamalji
    I read about your eye locking session at the airport with this sweet gal on new yr ,, hope my fb to your post din,t turn you scarlet ( either with rage or with embarrassment) ,
    Yeah, mangoes, the raw ones with a bit of salt that too given by the soiled hands of little boys had been my weakness in school days,. Thanks for stopping by.
    Mega