Revised age criteria for kg 1

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by jassanju, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jassanju

jassanju New IL'ite

HI, I was shocked to see the news in Gulf News regarding the age criteria for kg 1. Now Indian schools are going back to the same age criteria of 3 years & above. What is this? When all the admissions are finished ,they are again changing the rule.What will happen to the children whose applications are rejected due to this. My daughters application was rejected only due to difference of 27 days.We can't afford International School & also we want her to study in CBSE school. What to do now? I am really confused & hurt. Please suggest something.

2. nairsree

nairsree New IL'ite

sanju,

ministry of education has clarified that indian schools in dubai can continue with their admission procedures, with minimum age of 3+years. in other emirates it is 4 years i think.

sree

3. jassanju

jassanju New IL'ite

Thanks nairsree for the reply but in the news,its not clear whether for Dubai or All other emirates.I am trying to find out in some schools.

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

We faced the same problem here in Doha, Jas.

Last year when we went for admissions, the schools couldn't take her in KG1 as she was 3.2 yrs old. The ministry has changed the age criteria (From 3 yrs & 6 mnths to 3 years) in April 2013, which many of us were not aware and when we went for admissions this year, they asked us to put her in KG2. We were not ready to put her in KG2 and took admission for KG1.

You can try to put her in some nursery and then directly get admission to KG2 next year.

5. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

The clarification is from KHDA i.e. dubai.it applies only to the schools in dubai. It doesnt apply to other emirates. In auh the age is still 3.8yrs.

6. jassanju

jassanju New IL'ite

Dear Saps,thanks for the information but really its very disappointed.

7. jassanju

jassanju New IL'ite

Dear Sharmila, We are also looking for the Nursery, from Sept,so will try next year again for the school. Sometimes we feel to go back to India,for better Education Standards & easy availability of seats also. Is this Age Criteria is for all Gulf Countries?

8. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

yes it is disappointing. but look at it this way. what if they have changed the rule and you havnt registered anywhere? do you think you could do anything.better this way. good luck to you next year. this year many parents are running here and there. next year many new schools are coming. you will be luckier. your child will be in a better position to cope with the studies.

9. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

jassanju I would suggest you register your child with sara nursery as the kids get direct admission to Brightriders. the demand for Sara nursery is very high due to this one reason. it is waiting list. get it done now itself. I think you have have register taleast 5-6 months in advance. Also do check if kids are considered if they take sept batch. I have it heard its april onwards(not sure) do confirm that.

10. jassanju

jassanju New IL'ite

Thanks SAPS for the information, we will definetly check with SARA Nursery,if there will be any chance now.