1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Review of 'The Scar' - by Varalotti Rengaswami!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by purnima_2k, Mar 30, 2006.

1. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Varalotti!

Thank you Varalotti for the kind words. actually i review only those books/snippets which really move me or which mesmorise me totally! Once i read the scar my heart led me to review it! I was actually very tensed too , books of a third person(like Paul Coelho's) is easier to review since i dont have any preconceived notion about him, but since i knew you, i had to make an effort and PRETEND that you are a third party and then review 'The Scar'! It was like waiting for my examination results when i got your private message! I was throughly elated that you liked my attempt! thank you very much for your encouragement.

Purnima

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

i have crossed the danger zone successfully!

Sharadha, firstly thank you very much for reviewing my work. You have got out certain new areas of improvement for me. You are very right Sharadha, i think i had paid more importance to 'what' should be written than 'how' it should be written in my review.

I shall definitely try to give a much better output next time. I am very thrilled that even you feel i am capable of a good job as a writer!

Please keep your thoughts pouring..

Regards,
    Purnima
    (ps - it would be good if you could read through the review of "The Zahir", whenever you find the time and let me know your opinions on that!)

3. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

I want all your opinions on this!

Hello All,

I have received suggestions on my mailbox (from Varalotti, Sudha etc), that i can start a seperate thread for reviews, so that discussions and scope for improvements can happen in the same place. If things are consolidated, then it is also easier to check the number of viewers , posts and peoples opinions.

This thread would be not only for my reviews, but for all aspiring reviewers. My idea is that within that main thread , we can start 2 subthreads - one for VR stories and the other for non-VR stories. We can convert this thread as a learning aid for all aspiring writers!

Only if there is a good number of response from all of you, i feel it would be worth it!!

Please let me know your thoughts!

Regards,
    Purnima

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Admirable!

Dear Purnima,

I meant to write much earlier and did not get to it. I am more than impressed at your enthusiasm to write and the way you are going about it. Perseverance added to your determination will make you a star reviewer soon.

Your review of 'The Scar' was very sincere. I already know that I will be reading it soon after going through your review.

All the best and keep up the good work.

L, Kamla.

5. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Thank you very much Kamala!

All your words of encouragement only encourage me to do better each time!!

Once again , thank you for the kind words, pls read the story... its really touching and nice!

Thanks and REagrds,
    Purnima