1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Revealed -Women put on weight after marriage

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by greenplanet, Jan 28, 2010.

1. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

As I continued to read the evening newspaper I saw the wife come into the room and sit down in front of the computer. She had now upgraded herself and had started reading newspapers online.

“Married women are more heavy compared to their single counterparts.” She read out aloud from the Hindu newspaper website obviously to reach out to my ears.

Not receiving any response she continued.

“It says here that married women can now blame their husbands for that extra flab as a new study has found that those living with a partner put on more weight than the single ones. “She said.

“ I feel sorry for your dear” , I said , “the study is 15 years late”.

Glancing at me over her glasses the wife continued “ The researchers attributed the weight gain to cohabiting women eating unhealthier food because of their partners, while they also have less time to exercise “.

“ I don’t know about others, but I don’t remember when was the last time that you cooked anything of my liking. “ I replied awaiting a slicing retort from her.

“ And regarding time for exercise if they did cut down on watching all the soaps and other tear jerker’s on the Television they will get enough time to reduce to size zero. “ I added …getting ready to duck.

Searching for something to throw and not finding any she continued “Married women were two kg heavier than their unmarried counterparts and they become four kg heavier after having a baby, said the research.”

“ Ah ! It is then not at all surprising that the younger generation prefer to remain single …not to say anything about having kids.” I exclaimed.

This time, unperturbed, the wife carried on reading aloud “The research was conducted by the Queensland University in Australia, followed 6,000 women aged between 18 and 23 over a period of 10 years ending in 2006. Each woman periodically completed a survey with questions about weight, height, age, physical activity and alcohol consumption among others “

“ Oh it is a foreign country research study . I thought as much …Indian women don’t fall into this rule, you see.” I said.

“ No wonder then that the Australians are jealous. Now I understand the correct reason for our boys getting hit down under.” I added lightheartedly, continuing with my one liner counters that I love to throw during my discussion with the wife .

The wife was not amused. “ Considering the present scenario Down Under, dear , why don’t you shift your business to Melbourne . It’s a wonderful place to …get hit….sorry I meant… be a hit “ she said with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes .

[FONT=&quot]As usual she had the last word in the matter.
    [​IMG]:wave:
    [/FONT]

2. bijaya

bijaya New IL'ite

This was fantastic keep up your good works!!!!
    Regards
    Bindu

3. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Thanks Bindu for the feedback. Regards GP

4. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Hey..u r rocking. interesting!!!