Returning to normal life with hubby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by srajitha, May 30, 2012.

1. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends ,

I had a 2nd degree cut during my virginal delivery on April 28th 2012. Its been a month now , my hubby is a bit eager to start a normal life with me again i mean physically , but I am scared as these stitches hurt me a bit even now when I use washroom.
    I wanted to know how long should I wait for the pain to vanish or is it that I will have this pain for my lifetime ???? This pain is bearable its not much but I am just scared to start a physical relation now as it may open any stitch.. am I worrying unnecessarily or am I acting normal???
    People who are exp please advice me.
    Friends please advice me.

Love Raji

2. priyaprem

priyaprem Bronze IL'ite

Hi Raji

Even though i don't have this kind of experience, it's still not advisable to have any physical relationship.....it is too soon............i would say hardly a month dear....let the stiches heal completely...the gud sign of healing is that you will have light itchy condition around the stitches....i had a C-SECTION and my gynec advised me to be careful for atleast 6 months....even though your's is not that case, the tension will be more on the virginal part if you have IC...so please explain this to your hubby...atleast consult your gynec, have examined regarding the healing of stitches and if you get a green signal from her then go-ahead.....

1 person likes this.
  3. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Check with your gyne regarding this. Usually they advise to allow 6 weeks before resuming physical relationship, but each case is different. I woul suggest avoiding physical relationship until you feel alright, and until your stitches heal.

4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

6 months seems to be a bit of a stretch! I had a c-section and after 6 weeks I was given the green light by my doc to resume normal activities. I would assume for a vaginal delivery it should be even sooner, except for the perineal stitch that you have. Best to check with you doctor on when you get back to normal activities.

5. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hi,
    please avoid IC for another 1-2 months now ..atleast 3 months after delivery...since ur body is yet to regain back its energy, stamina. If had IC then u may get bleeding and other kind of infections.
    Just be in safer hands wait atleast 3 months after delivery and if you find u r back to normal life how u r before pregnant then consult doc and go ahead with sex life.

6. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

@renutn No my back hurts a lot , i have big problem while sleeping and walking. Even I felt the same to wait for 2 months before starting IC.

@Chandrika Yes 6 months is too long , When I have surfed net I found out that we need to wait for atleast 6 weeks , but I am planning to wait for 2 months.

@Tulip how are you doing , have you delivered ??? is it a boy or gal ??? Yes dear 6 weeks is what I have read on net , I have not yet consulted my doc on it though..

@Priya I had that itchy feeling near the stitches long back and I feel it has healed however I am too scared to allow him near ..

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

WAIT. There will be countless opportunities in few months. But you just got out of a pregnancy and have a month old baby. Put your priorities straight.

8. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

yes Nandhu .. sure I have set my priorities :).

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Please be sure to have your gynecologist check you and give the green light as they can look up there and see the real condition. You reallly really don't want that cut to open up again as I am sure you know. You and your hubby can still have fun doing other non-invasive forms of sex play until you get the green light. Use that in the most romantic way.....nothing like a little variety to keep the marriage hot.

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

6weeks is the time. But do go for GYN check & wait for green signal. it also depends on what type of delivery(normal vaginal/cesarian etc etc)