Return to India REAL reasons....(some are funny)

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Feb 28, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

friend came up with a list of reasons which she deems as the REAL reasons for anyone to r2i

1) coconut trees!!! ( tired of the same old trees u see in us)

2) temples ( so many temples.Not drive to same temple for 40 mts once in a while)
    3) sound of human beings/animals/birds existing

4) getting dressed for others and getting admiration looks.LOL.she says it is fun to be looked at by the opposite gender,get comments(good ones of course!)here in us no one to look at anyone else.funny but in a way true.who would not like to be admired?in a good way of course.

5) Variety in each and everything.different shops/different people/different statuses
    etc.here everyone is almost the same.

6) going to theates Is more fun there (which I do not agree.i like it here too)

7) Indian food in India (so true!)

8) lots of people.u can get atleast one buddy u connect with out of 1000.here we have only 10.out of which we have to choose?

9) youthful people everywhere! so cooling for eyes haha..true.

10) there is LIFE there.

how many of u agree to the above?u can deny or add more reasons.

2 people like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

lol. first one is funny.fifth one is so very true.always felt that way.miss Indian food.

3. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

i agree with 8th point only, only for this point u no need to go for........

4. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

some points are very funny

5. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

only thing that brings me back to india is parents......i can compromise on anything else

6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

0847]friend came u with a list of reasons which she deems as the REAL reasons fofriends.
    nyone to r2i

1) coconut trees!!! ( tired of the same old trees u see in us)

2) temples ( so many temples.Not drive to same temple for 40 mts once in a while)
    3) sound of human beings/animals/birds existing

4) getting dressed for others and getting admiration looks.LOL.she says it is fun to be looked at by the opposite gender,get comments(good ones of course!)here in us no one to look at anyone else.funny but in a way true.who would not like to be admired?in a good way of course.

5) Variety in each and everything.different shops/different people/different statuses
    etc.here everyone is almost the same.

6) going to theates Is more fun there (which I do not agree.i like it here too)

7) Indian food in India (so true!)

8) lots of people.u can get atleast one buddy u connect with out of 1000.here we have only 10.out of which we have to choose?

9) youthful people everywhere! so cooling for eyes haha..true.

10) there is LIFE there.

how many of u agree to the above?u can deny or add more reasons.[/QUOTE]

1. There are palm trees in more subtropical climate say eg Florida and no coconut trees in North India.
    2. True, not very many temples but a lot of churches, mosques etc, if one wants yo ho yo a place of worship. In my case, I nevrr went to a temple even in India.
    3. True but I like peace and sound of my son's voice is incredible.
    4.I get way more compliments here in the US. In India people usually just stare and that is so awkward.
    5. I see a lot more variety here at least a lot more cultures and nationalities represented.
    6. Theaters are fun everywhere.
    7. Ofcourse Indian food will be good in India but where else in the world uou can find food from so mamy different regions/nations. Lot of variety here.
    8. True but if you are good at making friends you can make friends anywhere.
    9. I am alwsys surrounded by the youth (gotta love working at the University) :)
    10. Life is where home is and home is where love is :)

My reasons to miss India are- my parents, sisters, nephees, niece and childhood friends.

3 people like this.
  7. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

some more 'sarcastic' reasons:
    1. Break traffic rules at will.. if caught, what the heck.. pay 2-3 bucks as bribe.. if the officer is strict (rare and endangered species) pay 10-15 bucks as fine.. case close.
    2. Come across beggars at almost every place... even if you give them a rupee or two, hear choicest gaalis from them.
    3. Hear complaints from relatives that "why you came back.. I am so addicted to that deo/spray.. now who wil get it for me" (this happened with me).
    4. Twinkies with baby fat trying to ape "american accent" and failing miserably.

Many more.

2 people like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

very nice points nuss.thanks for the elaborated reply

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

hi indoc, fourth point seems interesting.can u explain to me abt it?sorry for my ignorance..but who r twinkies?

10. larapowell

larapowell Bronze IL'ite

Seeing young people? You have them in US also. ideasmiley

But Yes, India is indeed an interesting place to live in.

1 person likes this.