Return To India For Parents Sake?

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by SparkleSneha, Aug 29, 2016.

1. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

USA is the most depressing place in the world unless you have a large family and big set of friends here. If I was in your shoes, I would run.

If you and your DH were able to grow up in India and were able to come and live in US, why do you think, your children living in India will be unable to come to US in the future.

In fact, I wouldn't even get the US citizenship for the kids. If its depressing for you, why would it be any better for your kids?

Sure, US has great infrastructure but India has great education too. Reading from books is not the only education. Learning from people and being street smart is more important. Moreover, with Internet, Indian kids are smarter with more drive and ambition. Add the social structure and its the place to be.

Most people in US are lonely and sad. They don't know any better and don't have the choice.

I endorse Lakshmi's views. Unless there are any medical complications for which the support is unavailable in India, I would move back to India ASAP. The longer you wait, the harder it will be.

The materialistic comfort will be glittering at first and will lure you. But you will never feel good here.

Home is where the heart is. and India is HOME.

SparkleSneha and vaidehi71 like this.
  2. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Also, your title is a bit mis-leading. I don't think you want to go to india for your parents sake. You want to go for your sake, so, you can be with your parents as they age.

Going for parents sake would mean, you don't like to go, but your parents are nagging you. A big difference.

Rephrase what you feel and you will find the answer.

3. SparkleSneha

SparkleSneha New IL'ite

Thank you sanjuruby3 and Whistle
    With every reply i am receiving I am feeling closer to making the decision. thank you so much friends for taking out few minutes of your time to help me.
    I guess I am inlined towards moving back - i know myself emotionally - won't be able to survive here with the guilt. Every phone call I make to my mother every morning and evening - i keep guessing was her voice ok, or did she sound sick because she hides her daily problems from me (she has asthma). After the call I worry sick that is she alright and all that.

I am Full time working here on H1B. But will definitely plan to take upto year break in India until the household and kids/ school settle down.

Hats off to those who sell everything here then move back to India and then again move back to US. I will never do that. Even this move is looking so difficult to me logistically. To wrap up 7 years of life in few suitcases and set up new home in india. But these are secondary things...will work out once I my husband decides on "job" and I decide on "school"

What is the best time to move - Feb or Oct. The admission process start in Oct but School stat in Feb
    If move in Feb - kids miss 1/2 school year in US - would that be acceptable in India ?? I guess NOT.
    If move in Oct - kids miss 1/2 school year in India - would that be acceptable in India ?? I guess NOT.

Does that mean kids are placed 1 class back (repeat the class) ?

Does anyone has similar experience. If I am drifting from topic, I can post this question in another thread ?

@whistle - you may be right. I didnt think about the Title - maybe its misleading for some.
    My parents or inlaws both do not nag at all about moving back. They say stay wherever its better for your kids.

4. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

No point in staying in US with such a high level of dissatisfaction, and uneasiness. Life will become a daily torture.

I think schools start in June in India, for which the entrance tests and forms start from mid Jan/ Feb. So I think moving in Feb is best.