return gift for friends help!

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by cheesecake, Feb 21, 2015.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

after my delivery some collegues helped me a lot by sending food everyday.i dont know how to say thank you to them while returning their utensils.should i prepare something for them or gift them something.i dont have too much time to prepare food to fill in all the bowls so thinking of gifting something nice.any ideas?

1 person likes this.

2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

You can Return with some fruits or chocolates if you don't want to return empty boxes.
    Or Give them Some flowers with a Thank you Card.

1 person likes this.
  3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Dont take trouble in cooking something just for returning vessels...Fill in the vessels with chocolates...
    Apart from it to appreciate the effort your friends had taken , please plan to take them out for dinner /lunch. You can plan it as "All girls" lunch/dinner. New daddy can use that time to bond with LO. It will good time for u as well to socialize.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

cheesecake, if you havent already decided what to give, here is my suggestion. When my DD was born, we bought sweet packets from an Indian mithai wala. For those who had helped a lot, I bought 1 lb of sweets. See if that will fit the bill. Trust me, they dont expect you to cook and fill the boxes. A small picture followed by a thank you note for everyone who gave a gift.

1 person likes this.