1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Return gift for ayush homam

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by geethaelite08, Sep 16, 2010.

1. geethaelite08

geethaelite08 New IL'ite

Hi IL,

I will happy if you all can give ideas for me to buy some return gifts for my son's ayush homam,I am going to do it for my 1 yr old son.I need do give something in the tamboolam bag.I dont want to be expensive becuase there will more than 100 people.it should be economical at the same time some thing good and useful.
    please share your ideas with me.:)

Regards
    Geetha Vignesh

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

My wishes to ur son. For my son's ayush homam, we gave return gifts to the kuttis who attended the function, like crayons, chocalates pinned with thank u card, classmate note book, big balloons etc. they felt happy.

For elders, instead of giving blouse bit u can go for 1 gm silver coin (which will be around Rs.35/-) or small god idols, kubera vilakku (which costs around Rs.50/-) etc.

Hope this helps u.

andal

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Geetha
    Last Week , we celebrated DD's AyushHomam(chennai) and 2 weeks prior to that was her first birthday(bangalore)...My invites were of same number as urs
    So these are the return gifts that i gave
    Elders : SAPLINGS(1 per family)..i personally wanted to do something good on my DD's birthday...hence this idea of return gift...For chennai,bought 100 indoor air cleaning plants each costing Rs28..ordered through internet from GreenPlants.in...Bangalore bought 20 indoor plants(costed approx Rs 20-25 each)

Kids Divided them into 3 groups ::
    0-3 years ::
    1 Plastic sipper(pack of 4 costing Rs99 from big bazaar)
    1 Plastic plate,Bo wl SpoonFork set (each set costing Rs 33-got it from the 33 rupees bazaar)
    together costed Rs 58 for each kid...this i wrapped in form of bouquet and gave
    4-13 years ::
    1 big sticker sheet(Rs 4),
    1 Big Pencil (Rs 8 since i bought in large number) ,
    1 glitter(Rs 5...actually bought a packet of 6 and picked one for each kid),
    1 Small Crayon Box(Rs 12...it has cartoon charaters head at the end...bought pack of 2s - Rs25 from Big Bazaar)..
    1 Fabric Color set(Rs 12..contains 5-6 colurs in small bottles)
    1 changing eraser(Rs 10...contains 4-5 color rubbers in a single tube and we can change the rubbers like Pen-pencil)
    So together this has come to Rs 51 per kid...rolled these items in a paper and then wrapped them in the shape of Chochlate wrapper...On top i stuck the big pencil

14-15 years :::
    1 file folder(Rs 23 each)
    1 Cd case(Rs 33 each)
    this totally added up to Rs 56 for each ...these gifts i wrapped them up in normal way

I was expecting around 56 kids totally..i made a note of all the kids and their names and ages and then bought the gifts...actually these gifts were like for kids for whom we had to give gifts eventhough they dont come...mandatory...Other than these i got some tiffin boxes,normal extra kids return gifts of less rate,maybe around 5 pieces each Rs 30-40...So actually i dint have much extra return gift back..it dint go waste...

We had also arranged for cake for both borthday and ayushHomam...hence along with these gifts...bought whistles,partyCap and PartyeyeMasks...gave for all the kids who attended...bought everyhtin in wholesale shop...hence cost was little less

I really got wonderful feedback and apprecitaions for these return gifts and arrangements...My suggestion is watever u do,since this is ur LO first birthday,do it in a nice creative and useful way.be sure of number of attendies and buy return gifts according...dont buy too much excess...

These are my suggestion...Hope u find the useful...In case u like my ideas and want more information,please inform me...i will help u

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
    sindmani likes this.
  4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Geetha...regarding the saplings...i ordered from a site called Greenplants .in ....and got very gud response from him....that guy is in chennai...visit the site and u can see the plants and select...also in case u are buying in large number,he would reduce the price and give u
    any other info..please post back...
    The plant i gave was almost(very close to) similar to the one attached below

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    sindmani likes this.
  5. Uthra21

Uthra21 New IL'ite

Hi swarn,

I too live in bangalore. I am planning to have bday party for my one yr kids(twin).. Need some suggestion for the whole sale shop to buy things, cake shop, decoration items. can u pls provide pointers..
    thanks in advance.. have a great day

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

7. sgirishnaik

sgirishnaik New IL'ite

For karnataka and bangalore u can order plants as return gift here envirofriend.in

8. sgirishnaik

sgirishnaik New IL'ite

www.envirofriend.in