Retiremnt home

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Meerama, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Meerama

Meerama New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am a new member. I saw some of your posts reg. retirement home.
    When the times are changing, we need to change our mentality also and accept the changes gracefully and with positive thoughts.

Me and my husband are looking forward to settle down in a nice retirement home when we have finished all our duties. Unfortunately, even in these times of equality between men and women, most of the sections of our society do not accept a girl caring for their parents. She has to care only for In Laws. Imagine about the parents having only girl children.

Nowadays modern girls do not mind the 'talk behind them' and still take care of their parents.
    Coming to the point, I am here to ask opinion on the recent project launched for senior citizens near Vandalur 'Serene Adinath'. Is the pricing correct?
    If you are aware of any other such projects , please post detials. In and around chennai only.
    Bye

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meerama,

Really refreshing to know your thoughts. Do hope you find a suitable place soon. Wishing you all the best.

3. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Hi Meerama,

Welcome to IL. I like your open heart about retirement home. Iam also only daughter to retired widow mom.
    Are you looking for retired community being built just for retirees or looking for retired home..retired home you pay some lump sum deposit (refundable) and pay monthly for food and other expense for your apartment. The food and other service is provided to door step or you can go to dinning hall.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Check out serene properties, they are in tamilnadu with retirement communities so is classic..

5. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Meeramma,
    your wish has a really positive view towards retired life :)All the best for your search