Restaurants in Namma Madras

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by AnithaA, Feb 29, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hey all,

Went to Mast Kalandar in Adyar after reading rave reviews! Place is ok, the starters and desserts are good but the main course is nothing to write home about!

2. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

any good resturants near vadapalani,Porur,Virugambakam,Valasaravakkam,Ponnamalle?

3. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

hi velacharites,

kailash parbhat has opened its branch there......chaats are dam good( slighty expensive for chaats).its worth a try........:)

deepa

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  4. mamtha08

mamtha08 New IL'ite

Restaurant Reviews--In Chennai....

Hi..I just wanted to post my experiences on Eating out in resturants in Chennai for the past few days..My DH and mom,all are major foodies..and we are very specific abt the food quality served in resturants...All the resturants nowadays charge a bomb..they are really pricey and unfortunately the food they serve has got no link to the price charged!! :)
    In my experiences,we have also come across very good ones ..but the count of the lesser good reviews are more...
    So,I just thought of posting my experiences in resturants..on the hope that IL's here could have an idea before visiting these places...

love
    Mamtha
    "There is no greater love than the love of food!![​IMG]"

5. mamtha08

mamtha08 New IL'ite

Restaurant Reviews--In Chennai....

Hi All,

Let me start off by posting my sudda sudda experience..s..last night's experience [​IMG]
    Last night,we (my hubby and myself) had the most horrible experience of visiting the Madurai Appu restaurant..located at ECR...We were at this hotel @ around 8:30 PM..and when we entered the hotel we were hit by a nauseating bad non-veg smell for a second...Now I think that ..that was our clue to get out of that place...but that time..we thought that it was nothing too serious...The Ambience of the place was average..The waiter came be to take our orders...I will have to mention here that their Menu card had very interesting sounding items like 'Madurai Malli Chicken','Pirattal Chicken' etc....We wanted something spciy..and on asking the waiter,..he recommended the Gongura Chicken!!!???..do u believe this..? Madurai Appu happens to a Chettinad..no..a Pandiyanad hotel and they recommend an Andhra dish!!!(that could have been our second clue I guess...!)...[​IMG]
    I stuck to the authentic variety they had and we ordered Chicken Kothu Parota,Madurai Appu Special Chicken Fry and their Biriyani of the Day...which was "Moghal Biriyani"?????
    The service was very fast.....and we received our orders...the Kothu parota was ok..but the salna was really bad...it was very bland...The Madurai Appu special chicken was too bad even to comment on it....It tasted like a bad mix of spices ...was really bad...And the final straw was the Special Biriyani..,.it was decorated with an egg carving!!???
    It tasted of cardamom and cinnamon rice...!!!!We just left the food like that and asked for the bill..ithe bill was 330/-..another waste of money...[​IMG]
    The surprising thing was that none of the waiters or the Senior waiters did not even have the courtesy of asking as to why the food was left like that!!! I guess they knew their hotel food quality...
    So..I would just say that the food,ambience and everything which is lacking for a good resturant is definetly lacking for this hotel..
    So.Madurai Appu is no doubts a big AAPPU for us.....:)[​IMG]

love
    mamtha
    "There is no greater love than the love of food!![​IMG]"

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear foodies,

please list good places to buy fresh loaves, breads in and around mylai/adyar/alwarpet area. no hotbreads, adyar bakery:)

Latha

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    Padmashri foods in CIT Colony
    Wholistic braeds in Radhakrishnan Salai!

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

thanks Janani. the first one Chithramma had mentioned is near her home. would you have some landmark for both spots? my boy eats idli, dosa, puri and all but still likes bread everyday. so prepping for our 2 weeks stay in chennai:)

Latha

9. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Will send you the address for both the places, Latha!

10. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Friends.
    olives is a good try.
    nice place
    they charge 300 for a buffet dinner.
    atleast 100 items.
    pure veg, good ambience..
    nice place.