1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Restaurants In Hospitals

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Restaurants in Hospitals

The biggest private hospital in Jaipur is Santokba Durlabji Memorial Hospital, called SDMH in short. Pretty good, not too pricey, good value for money. In the heart of the city.

Recently we had gone to see someone, and later wanted a bite, and we saw a restaurant inside. Served dosas idlis and it was damn good and neat. Dosa was like 60 bucks the masala dosa, not expensive at all.

SDMH has advertised for a hotel chain , reputed with a wide variety, to open a restaurant in the hospital premises. The hospital has told the future restaurant that they have around 15000 people visiting the hospital daily, that 2000 doctors stay indoors, that there are some 700 patients too. The food has to have a wide variety, and should be reasonably priced.

Few of my friends said, they are out to milk the patients, to make money out of misery.I am the only one who supports what the hospital is doing. So here goes my reasoning.

In jaipur when my daughter was born, we had to take tea from home, as also food. And also medicines, so a few people from the family are always engaged with the hospital. In mumbai when my other daughter was born, they gave everything in the hospital, including to the guest staying in the room, perhaps charging, but giving. And they give u choice of veg or nonveg, meaning preparations of eggs, chicken soup, but nothing more, which too is fine. Tea and medicines too are supplied, so that the family of the patient even if they don’t come for a few days to hospital, all is fine.

Hospital food is bland really, u have to eat it for there is no choice at times.Bombay is good, in some parsi hospitals they used to give chicken soup at breakfast, saying this is good for healing of wounds.Wow, not bad, considering in Jaipur , u have to take yr own food.

But the owner of SDMH is aveg, and he may want a veg restaurant inside, so the deal may not be as good for the restaurant. But it will be good for guys like me, who will be more tempted to go visit friends and relatives bcs of good food. And I am sure, the patients can also order from the restaurant, and it be billed in the room . and better still mediclaim will pay eh !

So a friend can tell me, Kamal , come at lunch time, we will have lunch here, and I will order chicken tandoori, kebabs, etc for u, and bring a pack of cards, we will play. And who knows I am there the whole day, eating, and playing and doing my friend too a good turn. And the icing on the cake would be a nice looking nurse on duty.

So here’s wishing SDMH and all other hospitals to have restaurants inside, so that guys like me can pass their time well, as well be of help to a friend or relative, at their food cost of course.

The Law of Karma

Sasikala, is now lodged in a Banglore prison. She has to share her cell with two other lady prisioners. In her neighbouring cell is a lady called Mallika Cynaide, 50 years old, accused of killed half a dozen ladies after robbing them oftheir jewellery and feeding them cynide, and killing them.

Seems she loved Amma, and she sees Amma in Sasi, and now protects Sasi, and tells her not to stand in the queue, that she will bring the food for her.

And what must Sasi be thinking, am I the seventh in line ? To take food from her or not , is the question.

That’s karma, ser ko sava ser mila eh !

HAHA

KAMAL MAHTANI

J.Jayalalitha

O.PanneerSelvam

K.Sasikala

E.Palanisamy.

Initials tell you everything. You may laugh now.

Teacher: Complete the sentence.

"Early to bed and early to rise..."

Student: ".... This Man has neither WiFi nor WiFe

Who is the happiest husband in India today?

Mr.Natarajan....

Thousands of crores of rupees to spend..

108 companies and lots and lots of properties to enjoy...

124 MLAs at his beck and call...

An entire State Government under his remote control...

&

above all...

Wife in Jail

shyamala1234 and joylokhi like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

good business and fair one kamalji

sasi will kill cyanide mallika for sure, she is so criminalacious

joylokhi likes this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha... had a wonderful laugh :) at the jokes.
    Speaking of restaurant inside hospital, i too feel there is nothing wrong as many of the visitors/patients may find it very convenient instead of depending on their caretakers to arrange for food from home. Here in Bangalore, we have very good canteens in most of the standard hospitals - they are maintained hygienically and food prepared taking into account both general patients and visitors needs.

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji lot of private multi-speciality hospitals have good restaurants. .BLK memorial hospital in Delhi has two. One small cafeteria in the first floor and a large restaurant on the ground floor. The ground floor one serves excellent grub at reasonable prices. And on the first floor, you get very good sandwiches and coffee. I think hospitals should also have crematoriums attached to them so that dead patients can be cremated ASAP besides pundits and space to perform last rites. The crematoriums could have bars too so that the kin of the departed can drink their blues away. BTW the Christian Medical College hospital in Vellore has a church attached to it.

umaakumar likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Many private hospitals in Hyderabad have fairly good canteens, reasonably rated also. It saves a lot of trouble for the attendent to get food from home. Hospital in one corner of the city and home in another corner.
    Jokes....especially about SK are hilarious.
    Syamala

Marybeth9311 likes this.