1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Respiratory Infection

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Jannane, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Jannane

Jannane Junior IL'ite

Hi

My daughter is 7months old..My pediatrician diagnosed as respiratory infection for her.Is it anything to be worried?And can anyone give me tips to take care of her properly.....Since me and my hubby were staying alone.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Janane:

Respiratory infection for the first time in your baby can make you quite worried but susceptible babies do get it in winter. And of late, it is common. My son had his first respiratory infection when he was 3 months old.

Would suggest inclining your baby's bed. Put a roll of blanket /folded blanket underneath the area where the baby sleeps (near the head). Nasal drops may give some relief but check with the doctor if it safe to use for as small a baby as yours. You could also keep a handkerchief with couple of drops of eucalyptus oil near the baby's pillow / head.

In Delhi winters, you might need to increase the humidity in the room. Have a bowl of water in the room or hang a wet cloth in the room.

Hope this helps.

Sindhu

3. Jannane

Jannane Junior IL'ite

Hi sindhu,
    Thanks for your reply...Doctor also suggested me to give her nasoclear.And your reply made me quite comfortable...Thanks a lot