1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Research To A Refreshing Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Jun 17, 2016.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Research to a refreshing life

On the advanced knowledge front you research a lot to obtain a doctorate, academic or medical. What is research? Repeat searches to know more and find solutions for unsolved issues, could be on any subject of interest. Lifetime is spent to being certified while there are these honorary doctorates conferred on influential personalities. They honor the individual but shame the degree and those pursuing to obtain a legitimate one. These days the submissions are run through plagiarism tests to ensure that the research is original and just original.

Oh what has happened to me? Am not a research scholar and wouldn’t even qualify to obtain an application form, forget the doctorate :)

But believe me I am a research student by all means, fighting day to day to survive and pass the endless tests at home to be accepted as a worthy husband or at least be tolerated being a worthless husband. For a simple reason that I give her a 10 hours of freedom at home in my quest to please my employer, am out of home. No money no honey is the untold deal to have the three square meals on the rectangular dining table.

Mamas boys if you were/are be careful. Be it mom or sister, they perform the duties at home and keep you away from all the home chores and make you as dumb as possible and lazy to the core. They are determined to enhance their skills and protect the women folks by passing on a slave for life for the potential girl that would hold your hand and twist it to suit her.

Now I seriously have concerns on the love and affection showered on you when you are a poor growing boy, subjected to all comforts only to be given as a slave to do all the household chores after marriage, for which you were never trained :)

It isn’t fair a 20:40 or a 20:60 ratio depends on the longevity. 20 years of rosy life and the rest a thorny life. Still moms and sisters are petting the boys at home and seriously we need an awareness session for the growing boys. Things are changing but it is going to take a few generations for the boys to share the chores at home to the liking of their partners.

Now do you agree that I am a research student, a hardcore student who learnt or learning the hidden agendas by becoming a victim of all sorts for not knowing simple things or to just not laze around avoiding work at home.

Refreshing search it is and it is a research and hoping that my girl would confer the doctorate soon at home. Long way to go but making the right moves to become not the oldest doctorate of my times :)

SunPa, Kamalji, ojaantrik and 4 others like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear GG,
    I can understand plight of men like you but even girls are pampered now a days( I have seen some moms who feed their daughters when they are studying for exams) and they are also not trained to do the chores on homefront. But they learn after marriage....trial and error. I know many girls who can make only two minute noodles and nothing else. And they write cooking as a hobby in matrimonial columns. When Maggi was banned for sometime they must have deleted even that. But they manage to survive. Then why not men?
    In my view both should be trained in some basic chores. Gone are the days of sayings like...."Pleasing husband is by feeding him his choicest dishes etc. etc."
    So make the right moves and help your girl and you would get your doctorate soon.
    Syamala

sindmani, Sairindhri, meril and 4 others like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

ha ha ha. you are right shyamala.

equally pampered is better as none can be blamed. joint doctorate.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,

In order to become a doctorate, you have to understand the language of the heart and the language of the mind of your better half. Language of the heart communicates, "my husband is mine", "I don't want anyone to hurt him", "I would like him to be happy", "Let me take care of him", etc. There is also a language of the mind, "Tell me I am the best woman", "You know your leg will be broken, if you attempt to stare at other women", "Why don't you help me raise our children and help me in the household chores?", etc.

You have to listen to both the voice of the heart and the mind always and if you fail to listen to the mind voice, the consequences could be disastrous.

Besides that there is also something called indirect communication or no communication such as silent treatment, deep stare, etc. I can give some examples:

Words said: "I am really tired of cooking every night".

Words meant: "You better order a Pizza or take me out for a nice dinner".

Words said: "I am getting really tied up with the children every evening".

Words meant: "You take care of the children, I am going shopping with the plastic."

Words said: "We are really getting cramped here in this place"

Words meant: "You better plan to buy a larger house that can hold all our things".

Words said: "We started accumulating a lot of stuff inside the house".

Words meant: "You better spend your weekend cleaning the house and throw away all your garbage such as golf club, tennis racket, sports shoes, etc."

Words said: "Do you see any change in me?"

Words meant: "You stupid idiot! You haven't seen my new eyebrow shape or hairdo or a brand new dress as yet. If you don't say nice things in the next few seconds, I will tear you off like a paper"

Words said: "How was your day so far?"

Words meant: "How dare you forget my birthday? I intend to make it miserable for what is left out of your day".

Never ever tell your Professor that you need the degree in five years. It is a life long education and your degree will be given only posthumously. Living dangerously but safely are your milestones or credits towards your doctoral degree.

Viswa

sindmani, SunPa, Akanksha1982 and 5 others like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,
    Wish you early conferment of doctorate.I fully endorse what Syamala has stated.' 'Domestically well trained' means 'knows to prepare 2 mts noodles.
    I don't think that women say onething and convey a different thing, as told by Viswa.Their words are even tuffer than thoughts so that even 75% fulfillment of their words will be more than 100 % of their real wishes.In our house all the boys are fully equpped with cooking knowledge so that they could manage with a girl of 'nil' know how.For the past 10 years all mothers have trained their sons that way.My son had
    a note book of all receipes hand written by me before he got employed .

Initial few years have to be run as per the heart and it will take min 20-25 years to have full understanding of the mind.
    Better to face the situation than to go in for analysis and research.You can get peace and harmony, though not a doctorate.
    Jayasala 42

6. GoogleGlass

ha ha ha

where were you Viswa??? see i got married and it is frightening and scary :):):)

sindmani and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,

Everything I said is with sense of humor and certainly the marriage is not that frightening. I am sure you wrote this snippet itself with humor in mind when you are having a great time with your spouse and I was just trying to match your humor. I hope I didn't offend women in the process.

One of my colleagues used to give a simple advice to all who get married as follows:

"Stay cool but don't freeze"
    "Stay warm but don't get hot".

Viswa

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

GG, still a research student or student in training? Shouldn't you be happy that you got 20 years of pampering for doing nothing? Some people can be trained while some cannot. I guess it depends on the trainer as well as on the trainee. Teach someone to eat well and someday they will know to feed themselves. Good luck in achieving doctorate atleast by your shasti poorthi(60th bday). Now, Don't laze around and start working towards your goal. Really empathize your difficult situation.

GoogleGlass likes this.
  9. GoogleGlass

JS mostly it is your experience that you share and it has been always beneficial for all of us.

All in good humor, it was written and am really trying to get the kg admission and doctrate is not even in my dreams :)

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Mr.Research Student without research, the moral here is you must learn to cook. That is the road to your freedom. If you learn to clean and wash it is even better