1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Request Opinion of Married Ladies on Wall Street Journal Artical

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Mar 2, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

You are right.

While looking for a new employer (HR is too much red tape), I have learned to push my emotions away and conduct myself as if I were in sales (these people are always professional and courteous to customers). It seems this behavior actually took these bullies by surprise, and now they keep away.

2. Mytwocents

Mytwocents New IL'ite

I know several indian couples who have sent their baby to India while they work and await visa situation here in Australia. They live and work here with no responsibility for child, while the baby grows up parentless like an orphan with inlaws in India. I have seen the impact this has on the child's mental health.

To the OP, no caucasian would do this to their child no matter how much of a 'burden' they think raising one is. They just put the baby in full time childcare, not send them to the other side of the planet where they won't see it again for YEARS and forever miss-out on the parent-baby bond.

3. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

Unfortunately there are more qualified indians compared to number of available jobs. If Indian population is 1/3 of US indians probably would not have to left the country similar to caucasians. I have seen Americans giving up children for adoption or foster care more than Indians and I don't find anything wrong with it. Never single out or generalize one group without understanding culture or socioeconomic state of the country.