1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Request for lyrics/notations -krithis, bajans

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Shanvy, Jan 22, 2009.

1. luzchurch

luzchurch Senior IL'ite

I have the notations. If you are interested in them please send me a message through my face book page Lakshman Ragde

Shanvy likes this.
  2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Sir, just wanted to say a hello to you :) I recognize you from Rasikas.org, where I am a very passive participant.

May I ask if you would have the notations for Varnams? If yes, I will reach out on facebook to specify exactly which one I am looking for.

3. luzchurch

luzchurch Senior IL'ite

Yes I do - for over 900 varNAs. Let me know yur needs.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Lakshman sir has been a not so active participant here @peartree but has always been here when you need a lyrics. Encyclopaedia of carnatic music and known contributor from forum hub days.

thank you sir.

peartree likes this.
  5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@peartree is it ok with u to post the question here ? I would like to have lyrics for some rare varnams as well.

6. luzchurch

luzchurch Senior IL'ite

I can post the lyrics of any song/varNa if I have them. For notations you will have to contact me through Face Book. Thanks.

justanothergirl likes this.
  7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

@justanothergirl , definitely.

Lakshmanji, I am looking for the notation of the Amrithavarshini varnam sami nipai in Amrithavarshini. It is a beautiful varnam that I learned as a child from my grandfather's brother, who was also one of my first gurus. Unfortunately, I did not keep in touch with what he taught me and he has now passed for many years :-( None of my other family members seem to have any of thatha's notes. So I would be very grateful if you could check if you have the notations for this varnam.

After a lot of searching, this is the only rendition of this varnam that I have found - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bATAPLmpWbQ

Editing to add - per rasikas.org, this was apparently composed by Veena Varadayyar.

justanothergirl and Shanvy like this.
  8. luzchurch

luzchurch Senior IL'ite

I have the notations but need an address to send it to.

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I am so glad to hear that! Thank you so much for looking and finding the notation for me. I have sent you a message via facebook and here on IL mentioning my email address. Thank you very much again.

10. viic23

viic23 New IL'ite

I'm on making my own album Hindi songs ...As you see, he is good at singing, but in fact, I know him as a music
    beginner, How did he do that? he told me to use an app which can edit your voice and make your own cover you will get an own album for yourself...
    And then I have a try to install this app... found itz interesting and I can search lots of Hindi local songs to training my voice, still enjoy my own songs now....http://market.android.com/details?id=com.karaoke.gaaoplus&referrer=utm_source=vivian