Rental Agreement- Format

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Bullu, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sais sakthi sis,

carpet area is the area that would be covered by a carpet if you lay one. that is the space in between the walls.

the plinth area will be the pillars, the columns and walls along with the carpet area of the place/flat.

the super builtup area would be the plint area along with the common area..like the motor sheds if any, the staircase..and this is what is mentioned in agreements by builders..and this what we pay for when we buy.

in most residential cases it is just a lumpsum amount that is discussed as rent. even lease is a lumpsum based on the rental value and here the rental value is arrived mostly based on the prevalent rents in the area.

while in commercial is it the total plinth area as far as i understand.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Shanvvy,

Thanks for the input, inspite of your busy schedule, Yes my thoughts were also the same.

I agree with you that Residential is based on lumpsum prevailing in that area.

Now, please explore on my behalf if you have sources whether Rental Lease agreement for commercial can be the carpet area (since that is the utilization area) with a per sq ft rate prevailing around the area.

My lay man thought is Plinth area for commercial could be for outright purchase.

Apart from the per sq ft there would be a common maintenance charges (which is the common area/lift/water)

Thanks for this kind help (if possible)

SAIRAM