1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Renewing Marriage Vows

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Renewing the Marriage Vows​

Shanmukhananda Hall, at Kings Circle, Mumbai, is completing 60 years of existence. This is the hall where the earlier 50”s and 60’s Filmfare Award functions used to be held.

Sri Shanmukhananda Arts and Sangeetha Sabha: Latest News ...
    ... Wallpapers. Sri Shanmukhananda Arts and Sangeetha Sabha profile on Times
    of India. ... 600 couples to renew vows in Sion halls 60th year celebration DNA
    India 7 hrs ago ...couples aged ... 'Cafe Mangi' anniversary bash · SRK unveils ...
    timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Sri-Shanmukhananda-Arts-an - 111k

So now to celebrate the completion of 60 years, they are planning as follows. Males over 60 years, wives can be younger, 600 couples will renew their marriage vows once again here, in the presence of their kids and grandkids.

I guess it may be the custom of the southern part of India, I don’t know. But how would it feel to marry the SAME spouse again, who is no more the youthful twenty something, and that too in front of yr kids who too are married, and they tell u to go and have a second honeymoon in a nearby hotel !!!!

I know abroad they marry again and gain and they call it renewing the marriage vows, instead it should be reviewing the vows, and making some changes. Don’t the government make changes in laws over a period of time ?

And better still , cant we change the spouse and get a newer and younger one, more modern. Have we not changed our Godrej fridges for Samsung ones, our typewriters for keyboards, and so on !!!!!! For nostalgia a typewriter is fine, but useless practically.

And here they want the couple to vow to remain together in diabetes/ arthritis,/ and old age eh ! Why not a complete changeover of the spouse, this applies to both !!!!

And to me it is sure scary, that we desire, rather women desire that we want the same hubby for 7 generations, as the movie Milan said. Now u know why is that ? te woman thinks that I have taken so much trouble to train my man, to control him to my whims and fancies, one birth isn’t enough to enjoy the trained hubby, so I need to train him in one, and enjoy the fruits for the next 6 births.

But many saints say, that we have to take birth as lakhs of births, in many forms like insects and birds etc. So suppose the couple is a couple as birds in next birth, will human training work on birds ? or if we are born as dogs for example ? Humans can be faithful to eachother, but dogs are not, so will not the training go in waste ?

Don’t we want change from the old spouse to a new one, say something like Rakhee Sawant, or Deepika padukone or the lovely Vidya. We cannot eat Dal everyday,. And here we are talking about having the same spouse for 7 births. Scary thought really.

And why reneiew the vows, have they forgotton the old vow , has the mind dimmed ? Cant we make a few changes to the old vows, for example

1) I will love the wife, but I will equally love the Saali ( Wife’s sister)
    2) I will have the liberty to watch pretty babes in the park, even if they are my grandaughter’s age, as they say, 10 mins of watching is as benefical as 30 mins of exercise. So better to exercise the eyes than the limbs, which ache at 60 as it is.
    3) Since I have become a child once again, as they say , so I will not be stopped to eat sweets and other banned things, for I amlike a small kid once more, naughty but not malicious.
    4) In the marriage party, wheni pick up the plate, the wife is not supposed to be near the husband, for she will fight with him to not take too many gulab jamuns, and other delicacies.
    5) The husband be allowed to wear dark sunglasses of the hep kind, when he goes out to temple or other places, so that he can watch the babes slyly.
    6) To not remind husband that he has said the same thing so many times before, to go to another room when hubby is talking to guests, and repeating the old jokes and stories.
    7) To allow him to fart whenver and wherever he desires, but it should be done silently.

I am sure u friends can add more additions to these. HAHA

Soceity fear I think binds most from speaking out, I am notorious as it is, but then everyone cant be like Kamalji eh ! But I guess given a choice , quite a few people, men and women, would like to , ahem, well, wish there was a way out.

For me, well next birth yes I want a change, and I am sure my wife too would want. Yesterday we were going out somewhere, and she told me how nice it would be, if I were to drive the car, and take her to her satsangh of her guru, as other husbands do at her satsang.

Well how do I tell her, that other wives make a drink for their husband , and a la Shashikala in Phool aur Pathar, sing in a negligee, the song “ Sheeshe se Pee, Ya paimane se Pee, Ya mere maikhane se pee !!!!!!

So the only solution to our wishes is, that we get different partners next birth, eh !!!!!

HAHA

Have agreat weekend , ladies and gentlemen, as Amitabh says in KBC, take good care of yourselves, till we meet soon.

Shabba Khair

KAMAL MAHTANI

Indian Education

The brightest students pass with first class n get admissions in medical and Engineering.
    Second Class students get MBA’s and LLB.
    Third class students enter politics n rule both first and second class students.
    The failures join the underworld and control politicians and business.

And the best of all

Those who did not attend any class or school become Babas and everyone follows them.

Mera Bharat Mahaan eh !!!!!!!

They say MILK gives u strength. If that is true, try drinking 5 glasses of MILK and try and move a stationary wall ?
    Kamalji says, instead drink 5 glasses of VODKA, and see the wall move by itself
    Which is better ???????

Strange is the judicial system. It does not accept the Army Chief’s birth Certificate , but accepts the rapist’s birth Certificate !!!!!

4 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, I guess it is simple logic - a known devil is better than an unknown one. What if you end up jumping from the frying pan into the fire, eh?

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Of all said and done marriage is an adjustment. It is better to adjust in one birth and remain like that for seven births is easier than to adjust to a different person in every birth. Isn't it stressful? Because nobody is perfect.As Satchi wrote a known devil is better than an angel (nobody is an angel, that is a different thing).

Syamala

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh Kamalji, this right here had me in splits!

Now Kamalji you are smart enough to identify a woman and her reasoning! Now, why would she want to marry another one for no reason and train all over again! Tell me? One life time training and 6 more life times of enjoyment! What an idea sir ji! Let me put on that hat and get started now!

Kamalji, Kamalji Kamalji! You see change all around - fridges, typewriters to computers etc, etc! It is just that one constant they want you to have Kamalji! Just accept it you may crave for change and you will get it in many forms for everything else but if you are 60 and stayed put with the same spouse, the only change you should look forward to is telling the spouse "Hey! look now we are married twice to one another! What a nice change!"

If you actually think about it Kamalji, the "marriage vows" can become "marriage wows" or "marriage woes" depending on who we are talking to :)

That joke about milk and kamlaji! oh my! hilarious - see the wall move by itself:rotfl:rotfl It just made my day!

1 person likes this.
  5. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji... you made me homesick... reminding of Shamukhananda hall...I have given many of my childhood years to this hall. The school dance/drama competitions, the elocution competitions. Especially the times when my mom used to take half-day off from office especially to see me perform there .... missing those days :-(... sorry couldn't read beyond that point, but will come back again :)

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Well that is true to a point, but as long as one is alive, one cant stop dreaming and wishing eh ! HAHA

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shyamala,

Really as we dont know what we were in the last birth, so in the next birth, if any, we wont know what we were in the last one, So where is the question of 7 janams together eh ! i just hope in my nbedt birth i come back a s a human, chance upon indus, see kamalji's page, and recognize myself, that this is me of the last birth.You think that is possible eh ! HAHA

Regards

kamal

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji wow what a blog!!! Such amended marriage vows will put an end to lot of marriage woes.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Law of Karma does not work that way. For every one of our action, we need to face the consequences. Therefore, in this life, you enjoy drinking Vodka, watch babes, eat choicest of non-veg food prepared by my sister Harsha while she spends her time worshiping the Lord for the long life of her husband, attend Satsang on her own without her husband driving her back and forth, fasting and eating vegetarian food praying for her husband's health, etc. In the next life, the roles will be reversed. You will have to do sister Harsha's role of eating veg food, attend Satsang and pray for her good health while she would have all fun that was the privilege of Kamalji in this life.

That is why we need to be amicable and balance our life every time when we get a chance to live. If you are nice to your wife, listen to her and make her happy, you get it in your next life when you are the wife. If you watch girls of your granddaughter's age, next life you would be the granddaughter and someone of your grandfather's age will be watching you and make you feel very uncomfortable.

It is not about who controls the spouse and it is about how we control our own destiny.

With five glasses of Vodka, the wall moves on its own, eh? If I don't make an effort to educate myself, I become a Guruji, eh? I got to try this.

Viswa

P.S. What kind of amended vows you are looking at?

10. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji..

It was wonderful and did your wife know about this renewing marriage vows and also about your next birth.
    And the jokes are good as usual rocks..

1 person likes this.