1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Removing Facial Hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by guptaanisha, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guptaanisha

guptaanisha New IL'ite

Hello,
    I have lots of hair under my chin and on my cheeks. I use katori wax almost every week . It helps me remove these hairs but due to waxing and at times using hair removing lotion, they have become more corse and visible than before. Do you know of any medicine/ ointment or home remedy which helps reduce hair growth ?

Please help !
    A.

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Try applying this paste...

A,

Make a paste of 1-tbsp gram flour, turmeric, lime juice and yogurt. Apply on your chin and cheeks where you have facial hair and leave it to dry. Later scrub and remove it without using water. This will pull off facial hair and leave a smooth finish. The bleaching effect of lime juice and yogurt combination will make the left out hair color dull and will not be visible.

You need to apply this regularly for quite sometime and don't expect for a overnight effect. Also, do not apply if you have oily skin.

All the best!!

3. guptaanisha

guptaanisha New IL'ite

Thanks.

Hi Rathi,

Many thanks for the great solution. I have tried this method few times but like you said this is a long term hair removal method. Can you suggest something that shows results faster and is permanent ? Plus since i am working and stay with a big family, I do not get time to keep the paste on my face everyday.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
    A.

4. Jaya

Jaya New IL'ite

Hi guptanisha,

I think u should check with some gynecologist for your hair growth. There are some hormonal problems eg polycystic ovary syndrome which causes hair growth due to hormonal imbalance and irregular menses. If the underlying cause is treated, the hairgrowth will stop and to remove the present hair you can use laser treatment or anything which is convenient to u.

hope u like my suggestion

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

For further discussion on removing facial hair

Hello friends,

For further discussion about removing unwanted facial hair, please click below:

Removing unwanted facial hairs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.