1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

remedy for colic in 2 month old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by pritulax, Jul 15, 2012.

1. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

My son otherwise a silent fussy less baby, cries hard non stop. He is not hungry. When consulted Doc, she said that it is colic and it is normal for new born babies and will usually cure by 3 months.

Though all at home knows it is colic, son's non stop crying has created tension in house. Sometimes me feeding him works so all compel me to feed him even if he is not hungry. Becoz of this, he is overweight - 7.1kg in 2months.

PLEASE ADVICE how to tackle this issue.

2. raji1224

raji1224 New IL'ite

Hi had the same problem with DD a few days back took her to pead he had given colimex drops worked as wonder consult your pead and use the drops..:thumbsup

Hope this helps:)

3. Hemasanda

Hemasanda Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My dd also had the same problem and our pead too prescribed Colimex which should be given before feeding.
    After every feed you need to burp as it helps to relieve gas..don't worry. It is a common issue among new borns. don't forget to burp.

4. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

I have been giving Colicaid and carmecide but not muc help. Will try colimex. What about the overfeeding? What to do about that?

5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pritu,
    Make sure to put the baby on your shoulder , very gently rub/pat the back, and he would feel better after burping.
    If over fed, babies would regurgitate the excess.
    Happy Motherhood.......:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  6. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

I always make sure to burp him and he does burp out most of the time, but the colic prob remains. He does regurgitates almost every time he feeds bt he is still gaining weight in an alarming manner. Im also becuming weak due to this

7. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@pritulax What did the paed say? Colic problem will go away on its own. The medicines will soothe the baby for some time. But it will not get rid of colic instantly. Did you try gripe water whenever he cries of colic?

8. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Pritulux,
    Even my DS was having similar problem.Even I gave Colicaid.I gave him water now & then that helped.Regarding your baby's weight not to worry much as my son too was gaining weight at the phase you have mentioned but my Ped said BF baby will double their birth weight in 2 or 3 months & their weight will have variations in the coming months.Likewise though my son dint lose weight he dint become overweight as he had grown tall so dont worry much about the weight as long as the baby is normal.Dont feed him forcefully.

9. lakshmi_ssri

lakshmi_ssri New IL'ite

You may try taking this syrup yourself - it will remedy his colic if you are breastfeeding...

1 tsp Ajwain and 1 tsp jeera - boil it in 4 cups of water, let it become two cups of water. Take this syrup every half an hour or something. It improves milk production and is effective in colic. You can also massage his stomach with a couple of drops of castor oil.

You may also do this...

Put him on his back and lift his legs softly. Fold his legs towards his tummy and giving slight pressure to his tummy. This works in some cases... Also, you may try cutting milk yourself. In most cases, that could be the culprit.

Overfeeding - unless you force feed, babies will never overfeed themselves. They will stop taking milk (either breastfed or bottlefed) when they are full and will not take even a drop etc., So don't worry about that.

1 person likes this.