1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Remedies for running nose for 1 yr old baby

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by catherine26, Nov 20, 2015.

1. catherine26

catherine26 Senior IL'ite

My son is 1 year old he having running nose and naenju Sali.. He having Running nose from yesterday he can't able to breath it's very hard to put him sleep.. Please give remedies for running nose and naenju Sali and remedies for baby not to catch cold ... And shall we use pillow for 1 year old baby

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Honestly speaking it takes atleast 5-7 days for the congestion in chest and running nose to get better. Having said that you can still try these

1. Try keeping his head slightly elevated so that he is able to breathe better. This will be helpful when he is sleeping.
    2. Mix little turmeric with water and boil for few minutes. When its warm (heat should be bearable for him) apply it as a patch in forehead. This is a effective remedy to take out water/running nose.
    3. Heat lil camphor( It should really less thana pinch) in oil and apply the oil in chest when its warm. This will relieve chest congestion to a great extent.

If its still unbearable take him to his paed.

3. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

I have two remedy which will work very effectively ..i use same for my 1yr old kid.
    1)Take 4leaves of vammu leaf(telugu its vammu)and 10tulasi leaf ,heat on pan for 10 second (not much leaf should be little hot)and just grind it slightly . Take juice of it and give 2ts three times a day..next day it will stop running nose but continue for other two days.
    2) go to ayurvedic shop and get medicine for cold it also work's good

4. Durga12

Durga12 New IL'ite

To clear mucus from nose, and to help baby breathe better, try using saline drops. This will help to loosen up the mucus and then try nasal aspirator to remove them.
    Its ok to use pillows for 1 year old. As suggested by Radhaparth2000, try to keep his head elevated, which would help him breathe better.

5. blessedgirl

blessedgirl Bronze IL'ite

Cut some garlic and add it into mustard oil. Just heat the oil slightly. Apply it on ur baby's chest and nose.. u can use it on day/night.